Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS

This is a discussion on Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by msgt/ret Since signs have the force of law in North Carolina I will honor Waffle House’s wishs and take my money elsewhere, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Since signs have the force of law in North Carolina I will honor Waffle House’s wishs and take my money elsewhere, besides I prefer IHOP.
    Unfortunately TN has the same jackass approach as to signs. I can't believe WH is posted it's like an institution around here. Am in and out of them regularly getting coffee and never paid any attention guess I will have to look and if posted go elsewhere.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

2. Remove Ads

Having been to a Waffle House I see no need to return anyway, yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Good thing it's just the lot they're worried about.
    That's how I read the sign. I'm sure it isn't what they meant when they posted it. Could be an example of their flawed thought process.

Around here we call it "Awfle House" so posting won't bother me.
    9MMare likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Well, I went to the local Waffle House today and parked right in front of this sign.

Attachment 51741

I CC'd right on in, anyways (I'm in GA), and noticed on their front door that they have a big American flag poster that reads "America's Place to Work, America's Place to Eat." Guess they forgot that whole part of America that is the second amendment to the constitution. These signs aren't near the front doors. they are on the side of the building in front of the parking lot.

Guess they didn't pay much attention to this news article at my local waffle house, either... Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw - Atlanta gun rights | Examiner.com

I am going to write this establishment, and I urge anyone who reads this to do the same. Any restaurant claiming to be an "All American" establishment had better adhere to the basic rights of our country, or ditch their dishonest slogan. I think this has been discussed before, but this is the first one that I have seen posted in my area. I'll have to check the others when I drive by to see if this is now common practice for all waho establishments.
    I live in Ga. and could give a crap less since those signs don't hold the weight of the law. I carry anyway and would leave without incident if I was ever made to avoid trespass violation.

Waffle Houses need all the armed citizens they can get.....they are popular targets for robbers.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Unfortunately, signs have the force of law in Ohio. As a result, I no longer spend my money at WH, since the local one is posted.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Does that sign in GA have any weight?

Isn't really addressed in GA laws...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The wife and I travel a lot in our 5th wheel RV. We enjoy the freedom camping gives us and aren't forced to eat in crap-shoot establishments where we are not familiar with the quality of the cuisine. Rest. chains usually provide some level of consistency when we're on the road. It is their right to post their property and while Waffle Houses were one of the few splurges we indulged ourselves, in the future we will go on down the road.

That's fine, but IMO it should also be posted; Eat at your own risk, the food here is full of stuff that in large quantities can and will kill you.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Never have eaten at a Waffle House that I know of. IHOP yes, and CC'd there with my police officer buddy and his wife from FL both packing concealed with no problemo.

After reading the content of some comments about Waffle House, seems like the place to avoid armed or not.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Cool by the numbers...

1. Posting "No Firearms Permitted" is to let criminals know they'll be safe robbing the Awful Waffle, its employees, and its customers... this really IS american (or at least what it has turned into - preying on its citizens and perhaps the rest of the world as well)

2. Like to see the Awful Waffle try to tell an officer carrying on the premesis that they are not permitted to have their firearm on the premesis, heh, heh!

3. OK - so I have a choice... leave my firearm at home and chance getting myself killed due to their stupidity, or carry and chance being told to leave if they happen to somehow guess I'm carrying... duh, tough choice, eh? - NOT!!!

4. Personal TRUE story: Working as a cook at the local Awful Waffle one night a fight broke out in the parking lot that was two big guys starting to get bloody complete with a nice growing crowd of onlookers watching the 'show' - I stepped out and told everyone to leave. No reaction. However then, after shooting one round across the bow of the lunatics ~ this got an immediate reaction. The fight stopped, everyone went silent and pale, then there was this flurry of everybody there jumping in their cars and speeding off. The law never came, I never got fired, peace in the world of Awful House. If I was working in one still I would do it again - including dropping any criminal daring to rob anyplce I happen to be in... no warning shot, just one thru center mass will be all they remembered before reaching hell. Last guy who waived a gun in my direction went before a Grand Jury and was convicted - he was lucky as I was young, stupid, unarmed, and I only just took his firearm out of his hands before chasing him with it - really fun! Little girl chasing this moron guy with his own piece ~ a nice picture!

"I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I belong to a group of gun owners who meet for lunch at our local waffle house (not associated with that chain). We meet every Friday, and we get a 10% group discount from the owner, as well as they are going to issue our group discount cards for when we are in there without the group. The group is GOA (Gun Owners Anonymous). We also get free ice cream...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by jem102 View Post
    Unfortunately TN has the same jackass approach as to signs. I can't believe WH is posted it's like an institution around here. Am in and out of them regularly getting coffee and never paid any attention guess I will have to look and if posted go elsewhere.
    Except those signs don't pass TN requirements.

Must be this, or substantially similar wording

PURSUANT TO § 39-17-1359, THE OWNER/OPERATOR OF THIS PROPERTY HAS BANNED WEAPONS ON THIS PROPERTY, OR WITHIN THIS BUILDING OR THIS PORTION OF THIS BUILDING. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS PROHIBITION IS PUNISHABLE AS A CRIMINAL ACT UNDER STATE LAW AND MAY SUBJECT THE VIOLATOR TO A FINE OF NOT MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500).

Or the gunbuster sign.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by MajorBatGirl View Post
    However then, after shooting one round across the bow of the lunatics ~ this got an immediate reaction. The fight stopped, everyone went silent and pale, then there was this flurry of everybody there jumping in their cars and speeding off. The law never came, I never got fired, peace in the world of Awful House.
    If this is true, and I doubt it is... You won't have to worry about Waffle House signs when you get your felony firearm conviction.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links