Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS - Page 3

Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS

This is a discussion on Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Does that sign in GA have any weight? Isn't really addressed in GA laws... Found this Carrying Weapons in an Unauthorized ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Local Waffle House IS Posted. NO FIREARMS

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Does that sign in GA have any weight?

Isn't really addressed in GA laws...
    Found this

Carrying Weapons in an Unauthorized Location. Georgia Code 16-11-127

From: GeorgiaPacking.org's Places Where Firearm Carry is Off-Limits

No Signage Laws
    A "No Firearms" sign on a private business does not mean anything. If your firearm is noticed, they simply ask you to leave. If the police arrive and you still refuse to leave you can be charged with criminal trespass. You keep your permit even if convicted.

However, some "public gatherings" (and any of the above areas off-limits) such as a county hospital or the post office may have signs posted to inform you they are off-limits. You probably will lose your permit for several years if convicted.

So, just because you see a sign does not mean it is or isn't off-limits and just because you don't see a sign does not mean it is or isn't off-limits.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

I thought a waffle house was a place where politicians live.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRon View Post
    If this is true, and I doubt it is... You won't have to worry about Waffle House signs when you get your felony firearm conviction.
    I've spent decades of my life saving lives and property in so many ways I quit counting including this one, and have sacrificed my health and welfare occasionally to do so, so no government, lunatic, or other threats will ever deter me from continuing... Some things are just worth dying for and are between me and God, regrdless of mankind's meddlings - 'felony conviction' indeed!
    tcon67 likes this.
    We find consulations, we learn tricks with which we deceive ourselves, but the essential thing - the way - we do not find. Listen to the river...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorBatGirl View Post
    However then, after shooting one round across the bow of the lunatics ~ this got an immediate reaction. The fight stopped, everyone went silent and pale, then there was this flurry of everybody there jumping in their cars and speeding off. The law never came, I never got fired, peace in the world of Awful House.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerRon View Post
    If this is true, and I doubt it is... You won't have to worry about Waffle House signs when you get your felony firearm conviction.
    RugerRon, you must not get out and about very much. There are many places in my state alone where it is very plausible this could happen. I'm sure the same holds true in many of the southern states as well.

Lots of people don't call the cops just because a few shots are "popped off." And I know a few restaurant managers who wouldn't call the cops either if that happened by one of their employees in their parking lot.

You might try and do some research on life in the Ozarks. A big sliver of my state and also part of Arkansas.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    And only if you're loitering
    When I'm drinking and shooting in parking lots, I'm always very busy! It's hardly loitering!
    I find that insulting.

*hiccup!*
    tcon67 and swiftyjuan like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links