Nebraska

Nebraska

This is a discussion on Nebraska within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to York, Grandisland, and Lincoln, Nebraska. I noticed a lot of " weapons not allowed" signs posted. On restaurants (some did not seve alcoholic ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff F

Thread: Nebraska

Nebraska

Went to York, Grandisland, and Lincoln, Nebraska. I noticed a lot of " weapons not allowed" signs posted. On restaurants (some did not seve alcoholic drinks and were still posted), stores, even a gas station. In my home state of Florida, I see very few.I have also travelled to Virginia and North Carolina and saw few signs there also. What gives?
    Although I wasn't packing because we did not check bagage, I was under the impression that NE was a gun friendly state.

You gotta go a little further west to get to the more gun friendly parts.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    You gotta go a little further west to get to the more gun friendly parts.
    Theres nothing further west in Nebraska... Just sand and dirt.

Anything east of North Platte is pretty iffy. Nebraska is a weird place. (I mean in a political/demographic sense) They are quasi liberal, and quasi fundimentalist, all rolled into one state. The western part is generally ok though. But don't be surprised to be pulled over for 3-5 miles over the speed limit. (I am NOT kidding this is a "normal" practice!)

I'm afeared KS is headed to something similar.

I was born and raised in Nebraska.
    Get out of the "larger" (if you want to call them that) cities and you will find a CONSIDERABLE difference in opinion.
    You named 3 of the 6 (you left out Omaha, Kearney and Hastings).
    Take note they all reside along I-80.
    Once you leave the interstate, you will find lots of pro 2A people and the businesses are normally NOT posted.

As with most states that pass concealed carry, signs initially go up in response to the new law.
    However, after a couple of years, most are taken down because NOTHING has happened.
    The liberals eventually realize how stupid their stance is and the signs communicate how ignorant they actually are.

Theres nothing further west in Nebraska... Just sand and dirt
    Yea, but if you keep going you hit Wyoming and what more can you want.
    Nathanimal likes this.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

I think that KS and Neb. are both smaller examples of the problem with the federal govt. Nearly all of the land-mass is controlled by fairly conservative, level-thinking citizens, however, they are out-voted by the shear numbers, that dwell in a very geographically small area.

In Neb. it may be Omaha, Kearney, and Lincoln. In KS, it is Wichita, Topeka, Lawrence, and the poorer parts of KC. Talk about the tail waggin' the dog!

What they said. The sane residents outside of Omaha, Lincoln and Hastings are outnumbered by the nuts in above mentioned towns. CC has only been around in NE for 4-5 years, so the nuts haven't seen the ignorance of their stance on guns, yet. Plus NE still has our share of liberals, and most of them are around Omaha and Lincoln. The mall in GI, bread stores in Hastings and GI are posted. I haven't run into any others in my 7 weeks with a CCP. There is a little ma & pa hamburger joint in Clay Center that's posted, too bad, they make a good hamburger. Good thing is, outside of the larger towns and centers of control freak gov't (Hastings), most people wouldn't be bothered by someone ccing. I stopped to help a couple with a broke down vehicle, and was afraid I'd show in the process of crawling around their car, so I told them I was carrying, She acted like I told her I was wearing boots instead of tennis shoes. Absolutely zero reaction, and I got their car running for them.

I though so. However, in Florida, I don't remember seeing posted signs when the CWP was new. I got mine right after they passed the law.
    I wasn't armed because of the hassel of checking bags. We carryon all what we need.
    Thanks, guys

PM
    The power brokers in NE are power hungry!! I growup in Hastings; it is the power brokers who are the problem there at least 30 years ago. IT was who you knew! The issue is the same as in KS; the gun fears have the power or they have the ability to push their stuff around. Although I think KS is doing ok in the area of CC, we have had it longer; just hit our fourht year this year (we had to do our renewnals) and NE will come around I thought they got CC about a year or two after we did so 3 years back. IT took about 4 years before the gunbuster came down in mass in KS; sp a year or so and they might just come down in NE!!

Never paid much attention to 'posted' places. Dont really matter to me... concealed means concealed. I truly havent noticed many places posted though

Edit: Ive lived in NE my whole lifel o
    Last edited by Wynn; July 11th, 2011 at 07:18 PM.

Ya know was just looking at this post and it occured to me that my profile pic (shooting the Sharps BPCR at the 1000 yard line) was taken at the Hoffland range just outside of Alliance Nebraska. Shoot there several times a year and yes that's the gun friendly side of the state

Sponsored Links