SC CWP Renewal turnaround?

This is a discussion on SC CWP Renewal turnaround? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got curious and checked my expiration date on my SC permit yesterday and it expires in 7 days! Onward to the online renewal page ...

Thread: SC CWP Renewal turnaround?

SC CWP Renewal turnaround?

I got curious and checked my expiration date on my SC permit yesterday and it expires in 7 days! Onward to the online renewal page and I put in all my info to renew.

From what I hear, it seems to take them 60 to 90 days to complete the renewal process. What a croc of you know what! Seems like if anything was on my record that would prevent me from even having a CWP permit that they would be knocking on my door the very next day to revoke it. But yet you have to wait for an excessively long period just to renew it.

In contrast, how come I can go to any SC DMV and renew a driver's license all in one day?

Anyone here renew their SC permit lately? How long did it take you to get it?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Took me over 90 days to get my permit in the first place. I'm a little scared of renewing... it'll probably take longer.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Took 94 day to get initial CWP. Check SLED website, they mention how much time to allow for renewal (I think several weeks).

i have seen as little as 3 to 4 weeks. i renewed mine last october took just over 4 weeks. they only have 4 or 5 people at sled that work the cwp program so it can take awhile. lately the turn around time for my students for new permits has been around 80 days.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Some members at scfirearms are reporting a few weeks with online renewal.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

It definitely won't be anywhere near as long as it took to get it initially, but you will be without for a week or two. I've been lucky enough to remember in plenty of time, and it always seems to come back about 3-4 weeks before it is set to expire, even when I send in the renewal paperwork 90 days in advance.

I was surprised that the online renewal only took 3 weeks. Keep in mind that they will NOT accept a renewal request before 90 days of expiration. I tried at 91 and was refused.

Did my renewal online July 8th. Received my new permit yesterday
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member

Thanks for the info. Since I did my online renewal 4 days after yours, hopefully mine will arrive in a few more days.

Links