Wisconsin, Mississippi, North Carolina Updates

This is a discussion on Wisconsin, Mississippi, North Carolina Updates within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A Draft Wisconsin Page has been added at Handgunlaw.us There are some blank areas in the information as the WI DOJ must write Administrative Rules ...

Thread: Wisconsin, Mississippi, North Carolina Updates

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

A Draft Wisconsin Page has been added at Handgunlaw.us There are some blank areas in the information as the WI DOJ must write Administrative Rules on how they will implement the new law. They DOJ will also post a list of states that WI will honor. From the law the states must run a background check on the permit/license holder when they apply. The vast majority of states run background checks on those who do apply. WI will not have universal Recognition. Also the state will most likely put up web pages with information on how to apply, FAQís etc. As these links become available they will be added to the Wisconsin page. WIís Carry Law will take effect 11/1/11.

North Carolina has passed a limited Parking Lot Storage Law. Governments canít stop you from storing your firearm in a vehicle parked on their property. Again the law is limited to specific areas as mentioned in the law and does not cover all property. State Parks and Waters are not Off Limits to those with a Permit/License with the passage of the new law. These new laws do not go into effect in NC until 12/1/11

Mississippi passed a new law that would allow those with an endorsement who has had training from a National Firearms Org or other Recognized Org to carry in some places now listed as off limits. Problem is The Mississippi DPS has not followed the administrative procedures law which requires them to publish proposed rules and regulations and take public comment. The Mississippi DPS refuses to recognize any training completed before the law's July first effective date, and has yet to approve any instructors or courses. DPS Attorney Timothy Smith says the department decided to design its own training requirement quote: "because of liability concerns." So until this is ironed out and it might take a court case I would not carry into places under House Bill 506 even if you have the training as outline in the new law. This law was to become effective 7/1/11.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

VIP Member
    Thanks, as always, for keeping us up to date Gary!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Gary,

Thanks for your efforts on keeping all of this information as Up-To-Date as possible!

I never travel without re-reading the rules for the area where I am travelling to.

Bill
    --- Sig 245, P6, 224
    --- Kahr PM9

Gary,

The DPS in MS is receiving quite a bit of flack for this. The authors of the floor amendment that you reference above have written letters to the Gov and Commissioner of PS. The members say that if this is not resolved to comply with the intent of the legislation, they will spell it out for the department in our upcoming Legislative session.

Unfortunate that it has come to this.

I also have been reading where the heat has really been put on the DPS. One think I know for sure. What we hear about is tame compared to what they are most likely really hearing. I would bet the Head of the MS DPS can't even sit down because his rear has been chewed on so much!!!!!!!!!
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary, NC is working on Gamelands carry for permit holders through the NC Wildlife Resource Commission. It has to go through public hearings first, starting in Aug or Sep. Something to keep and eye out for. Once it's open for public comment I'll post something here.

And FWIW, the parking lot issue is more of a clarification than anything. We had some protection, but it was buried in the uniformity statute. A lot of folks did not know of it. This just makes things clearer for everyone. I chuckled when people complained that we would be able to store a firearm at a city/county park. We already can.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Another THANKS Gary; your time is appreciated.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

chiefjason,

Thank you. If possible when you hear something if you could email me at garyslider Then @ Then suddenlink.net Have to break it up to keep the spam down on my home email address. I would appreciate it. I can miss things on boards. Don't go out of your way. I check this board 4 or 5 times a day when home but I am retired and I do keep on the move and many times no computer access. Like to get away to where it is quiet. Thank you for the offer of assistance. Like I have said many times in the past. Handgunlaw.us is what it is not because of me but people just like you who give me a heads up on things happening. There is no way one person can do it all by themselves.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary, I'll try to get that to you as soon as it comes up.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Like everyone else, I thank you for all the latest updates. It helps to keep us "legal" and up to date!! Appreciate your work, especially us Newbies!!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

Looks like carry in banks will be allowed also in NC when the new law goes into effect.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

FYI, MS is coming around on the enhanced carry permits. They now have a list of approved instructors; they have also begun stamping permits to allow for carry in the expanded areas listed in 45-9-101.

Looks like the uproar by our citizens and legislators worked.

Sponsored Links