Conceal Carry on Campus (Texas)

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry on Campus (Texas) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a search and found a recent thread but it was very inconclusive. I didn't think that the Campus conceal carry bill had been ...

Thread: Conceal Carry on Campus (Texas)

Conceal Carry on Campus (Texas)

I did a search and found a recent thread but it was very inconclusive.

I didn't think that the Campus conceal carry bill had been passed but then I saw this:

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus - ConcealedCampus.com (Go down about 2 articles)

"Texas Senate Passes Guns on Campus Bill
    May 11th, 2011
    AUSTIN, May 10 The Texas State Senate has passed a bill which would allow concealed handguns on state college campuses"

I cannot find a copy of the bill or anything regarding when it goes in to effect. Maybe my searching skills are off right now. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything about this. I am enrolling in a local college here and trying to freshen up on the laws.

2. Remove Ads

Unfortunately time ran out on the session before it could get voted on in the house. There was also a house bill that came out of committee but never got voted on in the full house either. Unless it gets snuck in during a special session it is dead for another two years.

However...... Guns are allowed on campus if you have a CHL. They are not permitted in buildings on campus though. So if you are living off campus you can secure your weapon in your car before you go in to class. If you end up living in college owned housing though you are screwed. Not too long ago a couple of guys got arrested at Rice for shotguns in their dorm rooms.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Thank you for the clarification. :)

I won't be living on campus. (Do they even allow wives and children there?!) So I will do as you suggested and simply disarm to enter the buildings.

There is often graduate student housing on campus that has facilities for families to live there. There isn't much though. Most people with families just live off campus. Well, most students overall live off campus :) ... at least at most large universities.

Links