Double header: UT and NV permits both arrive yesterday

This is a discussion on Double header: UT and NV permits both arrive yesterday within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday (7/31) my mail box was bursting with permits. I received my NV permit that I applied for on May 8th. This was in Clark ...

Yesterday (7/31) my mail box was bursting with permits. I received my NV permit that I applied for on May 8th. This was in Clark county/Las Vegas and I was expecting to wait 4 months instead of slightly more than 2 1/2 months. As for the UT permit, the paperwork was received on 5/18, so that one took over the 60 days I was expecting.

I've been wanting to get an NV non-res permit but it's such a hassle. I'm surprised you got it as fast as that.

VIP Member
    Congratulations, Jason

When my mailbox is bursting, it's usually not with good news of that sort
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    Darned site better than the usual junk-mail and bills

Good news
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Congrats!
    First rule of a gunfight: Carry a gun

Jason..... congrat's...... locals cant get it that fast, as per one of the CCW Detail officers here in LV, it's been taking 6 months or more, due to the increase of applications for permits. Again, congrat's on being one of the "faster" ones. Maybe that officer was trying to discourage me to apply??? Who knows...

John
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

HV, The NV permit is a pain to get but I end up working several trade shows every year in LV so it seemed to make sense. It would be much more convenient if NV would just start recognizing other states permits but no luck on that one yet.

John, I called the LV CCW detail on about July 15th and they said they were working on the applications received on May 4th. The person I spoke with did not make a distinction between resident and non-resident so it must be going faster now. I think the person you were speaking with might have been trying to discourage you. I get the impression that LV is not the most gun friendly place in the country.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasoninSD
    HV, The NV permit is a pain to get but I end up working several trade shows every year in LV so it seemed to make sense. It would be much more convenient if NV would just start recognizing other states permits but no luck on that one yet.

John, I called the LV CCW detail on about July 15th and they said they were working on the applications received on May 4th. The person I spoke with did not make a distinction between resident and non-resident so it must be going faster now. I think the person you were speaking with might have been trying to discourage you. I get the impression that LV is not the most gun friendly place in the country.
    Guys, remember that to get a NV out of state permit, you need to apply to a NV sheriff. IT DOESN"T HAVE TO BE CLARK COUNTY. If you apply to Clark County, then you'll wait longer. Apply to Nye, Lincoln, White Pine, etc. Las Vegas is in Clark, and Metro usually gets backed up (then again, my locals permit arrived in 90 days, which wasn't that bad. Of course, on the permit itself itlists an issue date of 3-4 days after I applied!. It was issued in February, and sent in May). Just apply for out of state permit to one of the small counties, and avoid Clark and Washoe (Reno area)

sorry, newb here, but do you have the contact information on non-resident permits? what is the proccess? I would like to add NV as one of the states I can carry in....

X-ricer, I took my class with Jim Mayhugh in LV. You can find all the info regarding applying at his web site http://www.gmj.com/home.php. Jim is a good guy and I enjoyed the class even if a lot of it was just common sense and we had to watch a couple pretty boring videos.

As squaker mentioned you might be better applying in a different county but for me it was more convenient to apply in LV. Also, even if you apply in a different county and travel to LV you need to register your guns with the LVMPD. You could probably find other classes in differnt counties by checking www.packing.org.

Links