Iraq War Vet holds burgler at gun point in his home

This is a discussion on Iraq War Vet holds burgler at gun point in his home within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a great story. This is from Evansville Indiana, the Vet is at work and gets a call from his neighbor who tells him ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Iraq War Vet holds burgler at gun point in his home

This is a great story. This is from Evansville Indiana, the Vet is at work and gets a call from his neighbor who tells him he thinks someone just broke into his house. the Vet drives home, with his gun carried concealed on him I assume, and finds the scum bag in his house. He holds the scum bag at gun point, on the floor until Police get there.

Before someone says the inevitable, "He should have just called the cops and let them deal with it." remember this guy is recently back from a tour in Iraq, where clearing buildings is something done very regularly, in fact more often that your average LEO does it so he is well qualified to clear his own house. He did a great job.

I put this in the Concealed Carry section because at the end of the short interview he throws in a great plug for getting ones CCW permit and a huge dig at his home state of Illinois. It's a great clip, give it a look.:

Burglar Messes with Wrong Dude
    alafan and Erick46590 like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Neighbor should have called the police, THEN, the homeowner. And even then, the homeowner should have let the police do their jobs. There's more to it than "i cleared buildings in iraq blah blah", far far more than just knowing how.

But all in all, for the homeowner.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Alabama Constitution of 1901 - That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the state.

Its hard to argue with a good ending. Good job.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Glad I live in a state that respect 2A rights. What if the neighbor hadn't seen the guy and made the call, and he just came home and surprised the BG? Since he's a vet, he still probably would've taken the guy down even without a weapon, but your average Joe citizen might not. Was spending some time on the NRA-ILA site this morning, looking at all my neighboring states that do not reciprocate and are very anti. Inspired me to head to our gun club with my boys and exercise our priviledges with some trap and target pistol shooting.
    Exercise your 2nd amendment rights....not doing so jeopardizes that right for everyone.

Great story and a job well done.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Good job on the veteran, thank god it wasn't in Illinois

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Good job on the veteran, thank god it wasn't in Illinois
    Yep....if it had happened in Illinois he'd be in jail right now and the cops would have released the burglar!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Congrats to this vet!
    He was more that gracious to this dirtbag in his house.
    I'm not sure that I would have been giving any warnings or commands.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bhamrichard View Post
    Neighbor should have called the police, THEN, the homeowner. And even then, the homeowner should have let the police do their jobs. There's more to it than "i cleared buildings in iraq blah blah", far far more than just knowing how.

But all in all, for the homeowner.
    He would have beat the police there anyways...so why call and I am with Ret no commands would have been given you have invaded my space and left your stinking DNA all over my house.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Not even Chuck Norris can clear a building effectively alone, it's a job requiring at least two. Neighbor should have called police ASAP. There is more to it that being skilled and armed, in clearing space you are already at a big disadvantage and easily ambushed. It ended well, but that doesn't mean it was the correct action to take. I am glad the good guy won this day.

I do enjoy a happy ending.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Anyone of you who actually has military experience knows, sadly many military men and woman return safely from combat zones, believing they are invincible, only to die in DUIs, <insert your unfortunate circumstance here>, and PTSD related suicides. I'm glad that guy managed to safely handle the situation.

uhhhh u scared the SH** outta me.... u think i can use your bathroom? xD
    Riana likes this.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Good deal! The dig on Illinois was nice too.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Right or wrong, old law or not, in SC, if this scenario is at night and the perp decides to get up and leave, you can shoot the perp at will--back, front, sideways--makes no difference. Section 17-13-20 Code of Laws: "citizen may arrest a person-----probability of escape render necessary, even if the life of the person should be taken, when the person, being under circumstances which raise just suspicion of his design to steal or commit some felony, flees when he is hailed"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links