Love this 30.06 website

This is a discussion on Love this 30.06 website within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love this website, I know it is only for Texans, but there may be similar websites for other states: Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love this 30.06 website

Love this 30.06 website

I love this website, I know it is only for Texans, but there may be similar websites for other states:

Texas3006.com - Your 30.06 Information Resource - Home

They actually have a user-updated database of all of the postings of 30.06 signs around and can be searched by city, business type, etc.

What I found particularly interesting was there really aren't that many businesses on the list. For example, Arlington is a very large nearby city that I do most of my shopping in. There are only 7 businesses listed with 30.06 signs. ONE of those businesses is the YMCA that my daughter takes swimming lessons at, which I've mentioned before that has the non-conforming sign. One of the user comments left about it is as follows:

"I spoke with the Local YMCA manager, YMCA policy is to "Post signage to prevent firearms in facilities" paraphrased As he put it, he chose black letters on dark tint glass so he "posted" even though it is not a valid post. He is a CHL."

I found that really interesting, because I believe somebody on here had mentioned once the possibility that these non-conforming 30.06 signs may be done that way on purpose to make upper-management happy, and also keep CHL people happy. That appears to be the actual case here. Funny that the user who posted that comment was more worried about the black letters on dark glass, when what stood out to me was how very small the sign was. So it looks like the manager went out of his way in more ways than one to make the sign not conform.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I found that really interesting, because I believe somebody on here had mentioned once the possibility that these non-conforming 30.06 signs may be done that way on purpose to make upper-management happy, and also keep CHL people happy. That appears to be the actual case here. Funny that the user who posted that comment was more worried about the black letters on dark glass, when what stood out to me was how very small the sign was. So it looks like the manager went out of his way in more ways than one to make the sign not conform.
    I would not want to be the individual who tests that possibility. The posting of the premises demonstrates the intent of the proprietor to prevent people from entering the business with a concealed handgun. Even if the signage doesn't meet the letter of the law, if it's visible, their intent should be clear.

Some of the popular shopping malls here in the Phoenix area likewise display their "no weapons" signs at ankle height on mall entrance doors in a poorly-contrasting color - you'd have to bend down and study the sign to see it. Sadly, there is no standard signage requirement in AZ except for establishments serving liquor, but even faintly visible signs carry the force of law. My favorite for obscure intent is at the Ikea store, where a sign states "we support a weapon-free environment" or words to that vague effect.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The business owner's intent is irrelevant. There are very specific requirements for what constitutes effective notice. In the case of the dark tinted glass, I would be more concerned about what a LEO/Judge/jury would decide.

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxMM View Post
    The business owner's intent is irrelevant. There are very specific requirements for what constitutes effective notice...
    I'm glad SC is this way too. I see a lot of no-carry signs, very few are in required format.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Texas law is very specific. If the sign does not meet specific requirements then it is a non conforming sign and does not mean anything. You may still take the ride but you will beat the rap.

The data on that site is most likely not correct. I know for our area it is not anyway.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    The data on that site is most likely not correct. I know for our area it is not anyway.
    I agree the data is incomplete and not very accurate

Saxet gun show did not have a 30.06 last time. Me and my friend carried in and saw many there who were OCing in booths.

I don't know when the last time you were at Saxet but they sure as heck do post now. I went in and talked to an officer checking in guns and asked why they posted. He said there are people who come in and want to try holsters and so they will remove their loaded gun and test it in different holsters. Signifigantly increasing the chance for ND. Whether this is true or not, the reasoning is very sound in my opinion even though I do not like disarming and get pissed at people who are stupid enough to remove their loaded guns.

You may still take the ride but you will beat the rap
    This may be true, but you are literally putting 10,000 on the table when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    You should update it then. That's how the site works. User input.

What types of errors do you see for your area?

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    why is it called a 30.06 sign and where did it get that name?
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

It is the code section in the Texas statutes. Gotta love Texas.

PC 30.06. TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF LICENSE TO CARRY
    CONCEALED HANDGUN. (a) A license holder commits an offense if
    the license holder:
    (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter
    411, Government Code, on property of another without effective
    consent; and
    (2) received notice that:
    (A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed
    handgun was forbidden; or
    (B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was
    forbidden and failed to depart.
    (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the
    owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the
    owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication. etc.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

From section 30.06 of the CHL handbook - Tresspass by holder of license to carry concealed handgun.

Nope Utah doesn't have a fancy web site like that, O wait signs mean nothing here in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    why is it called a 30.06 sign and where did it get that name?
    I always thought it was ironic, myself. But in my CHL class I asked and the answer I got is because it just so happens to come after Penal Code 30.05.

30.05 deals with criminal trespass.
    30.06 deals with trespass by holder of liscense to carry concealed handgun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links