This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid? - Page 2

This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

This is a discussion on This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; natural selection dictates that when an animal is a burden, he/she is cast out of the herd/ eaten by his/her former pack. by doing this ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

natural selection dictates that when an animal is a burden, he/she is cast out of the herd/ eaten by his/her former pack. by doing this herd/pack A is never weakened and doesn't have to deal with herd/pack B's ignorant crap about how dumb herd/pack A is because of their retarded minority
    The only Difference between the vanquished and victorious is resolve.

Ignorance is correctable, stupid aint.

It's peanutbutter jelly time

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Fortunately as a CCW group, we probably have the highest compliance collectively with the law of any group. That guy was an idiot and everyone knows the liberal media would jump all over that one. With hundreds of thousands CCW permit holders carrying, there will always be a fraction of a percent that gives our second amendment rights a challenge.
    I actually believe the reporting (this time) was well presented and fairly done.
    dojoman likes this.

You know every day I see people who hold valid driver's licenses in my state do incredibly stupid things. The idea that having the ability to obtain a handgun permit suddenly makes you smart or gives you good judgement or increases your intelligence, is just a false assumption. Stupid individuals are what they are. They possess licenses, permits, and marry and bear children. I'm all for shooting them on sight, but I've not been able to get a majority behind me...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    Agreed.

The non-permit holder is still more likely to break the laws than a permit holder.
    Meh, I dont know about that. Dont many of us here believe that we shouldnt even need permits in the exercise of our 2A rights?

There is a difference between law-abiding citizens and criminals...that's the only designation I recognize. And there are idiots and people who make mistakes in the former category, whether we like it or not.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

It is sad that some people are just not wise enough to make such a error. Sadly this can happen, but just like anything else in the world, a no so smart person will get a permit of some sort. Honestly though, if Americans still happen to have some Cells left between those ears they will understand that this is only one in thousands. And the stupid media forgets that we CCW are not protecting this guy, he is branished just like any other law breaker(unlike gangster or other criminals, we don't protect our G even when he is wrong) In Fact, I strongly believe we are much harder on people like this, that whole "You Should Know Better" comes into play.
    Look at all the drivers that text on their phone and end up in a accident and kill someone and/or themself. As we all the know, the media gets a hard-on anytime they can burn a CCW holder, esp in Ohio with the bars/resturants bill passing. And mark my words, the media in WI will be out sniffing everywhere, day and night, looking to point out the tiniest little mistake a CCW might make in that state.....just so they can cry whoa is me and "See, we told you this was a bad idea." But Of course when a CCW holder defends himself/herself or another and they are in the RIGHT, and save a life or many lives....oh those two faced media will just yawn, rub their eyes, and move on to the next thing. Sickens me with this double standard.

For every thousand law abiding decent citzens, there is that one blazing idiot who gets his 15 seconds of fame in the media and they focus on that alone.

Never mind the "thousands" of us who would never, ever pull out a handgun unless it was absolutely necessary to do so, and we never get in the media. They do not want us, they want the idiots.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    With that first drink of alcohol in your bloodstream, any thing you do will become less defensible in court. I believe if you are going to consume alcohol in a public place, you should leave your gun at home.
    Absolutely... It would also be wise for those who choose to consume alocoholic beverages in public places to leave their car keys at home as well. Imbibers should select a designated driver, or use a taxi to do their bar hopping.

And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Unfortunately there are people that will ignore laws...passing more restrictive laws won't stop them. In this case, he was breaking both the law as it was at that time and would have also been breaking the new one as it will be once it goes into effect. Passing the new law won't impact a person that will ignore the laws anyway.

Think of it in terms of drunk driving. Whether the BAC is .08 or .10, the guy that sits in a bar for 4 hours and has a BAC of .17 is still driving drunk and ignoring the law. Laws only change the behavior of the people that actually care enough to follow them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

When Virginia passed this law, our local anti-gun newspaper columnist was shining a bright light on a story from our area of 2 brothers that "had their CHP" and were in a local bar and shots were fired, etc. After digging into the story I called him out on the fact that the story was 13 years ago and the brothers actually did not have their carry permits at the time the incident took place. They had applied for them but had not been issued their permits at the time of the incident and as a result were never issued permits. He had to print a correction to the story the next week.
    MotorCityGun likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    It wouldn't have made a difference.even if the law was in effect... This is a fact the media seemed to conceal.... They had to put that last bit about the law on there just to try to add a fear factor.

I remember everytime the media discussed laws concerning restaurant carry they always had something in the headlines like "guns and beer?", "alcohol and guns?" Then almost every article had someone say "guns and alcohol don't mix". It is just like every other major media source. Covering stories that sell.

If a permit holder deterred an armed robbery and saced lives; The media would cover it. However I'm certain they couldn't help themselves to sneak in their objections to conceal carry.
    Bubbiesdad and TSiWRX like this.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

PM
    In my observation drinking can equal stupid really quick. I agree with this guy has carried in a bar and drank before. Is a permit holder this stupid could be!! As Forest Gump's mama said "Stupid is as stupid does!"

If I am going to a bar period I never carry. That guy is just a dumb ass and should spend time in jail

Well, I drink beer, lots of it! Either Root or Birch!
    BugDude likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

The only good thing about this story is that this guy got caught BEFORE he did something really stupid and shot someone while under the influence.

Maybe he'll get to spend some time as a "guest of the state" to think things over.

All I can say is wow. And as Ron White likes to say "you can't fix stupid".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links