This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

This is a discussion on This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Hiram25 Well, I drink beer, lots of it! Either Root or Birch! I love Root Beer!!! I had to get off of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Well, I drink beer, lots of it! Either Root or Birch!
    I love Root Beer!!! I had to get off of caffiene recently (Doctor's orders) and Root Beer is caffiene free, so I've been having it a lot more lately. Diet 7up gets old after a while, so it is a good option for me. Good thing I like it!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

GM
    He got what he asked for. Fortunately he did not hurt anyone.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    The anti-gun lobby is rather well-funded. I wonder if this guy Adam Vines was bribed to do this; I mean in this economy how hard would it be?
    Last edited by Freedom Doc; July 20th, 2011 at 01:03 PM. Reason: grammar change
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Here in Florida they'll give you a 5 year minimum mandatory sentence for doing that. I hope he gets prison time for that.

This is an isolated case. The gentleman the story refers to committed suicide upon release from jail. Obviously there were many other issues outside of this incident going on.

VIP Member
    Here are the facts as I see them under current Ohio law.

1. Drinking while carrying - criminal act
    2. Being in a bar while carrying - criminal act (the new law is still in it's waiting period)
    3. Brandishing - criminal act
    4. Pulling and pointing a gun at another - criminal act

With the exception of #2, all of these will continue to be criminal acts even after the new law goes into effect. The guy had issues and I am sorry he killed himself, but he was a criminal that got caught.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Just wanted to let you all know that you won't have to worry about him any more. He used his gun to kill himself on the 18th. He really wasn't the monster everyone has made him out to be and his behavior in the bar was not typical of him. Everyone who knew him was very puzzled by this episode. Once he sobered up he felt so badly that he took his own life. I am by no means defending what he did in the bar, I think it was stupid too. I just thought the lynch mob here should know.

Quote Originally Posted by kwclmp View Post
    Just wanted to let you all know that you won't have to worry about him any more. He used his gun to kill himself on the 18th. He really wasn't the monster everyone has made him out to be and his behavior in the bar was not typical of him. Everyone who knew him was very puzzled by this episode. Once he sobered up he felt so badly that he took his own life. I am by no means defending what he did in the bar, I think it was stupid too. I just thought the lynch mob here should know.
    Actually, he only did the rest of the Americans who value their freedom to own and carry guns more harm. Sorry, little sympathy here....but suicide is a very controversial subject and I wont pursue it further.

My sympathies lie with his family.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

I agree. My sympathies lie with his friends and family as well. They are the ones who are really suffering right now. Unfortunately, the media likes to take isolated incidents like this and blow things out of proportion.

This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?
    I'll ask a simple question in reply to yours. Seems like a set-up? Someone with a driver's license could cause a wreckt? Everything these days is a set-up and a lot of folks have a license to drive. I dislike most of the drivers out there on the road today. Maybe they dislike me....but from what I see, nobody is paying attention to me because they aint paying attention to the road period. Yes...it's a setup from the get-go to find out who's worthy and who aint. Who's pointing the finger?
    The good Lord blesses the inept simply because nobody else will. Living in the same world with the inept is a fact of life unless you're willing to check out now. I can't put in any simpler terms.
    How can stupid be so stupid?

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kwclmp View Post
    Actually, he only did the rest of the Americans who value their freedom to own and carry guns more harm. Sorry, little sympathy here....but suicide is a very controversial subject and I wont pursue it further.

My sympathies lie with his family.
    I feel badly for his loved ones, too.

But again, that sympathy is limited to those who are feeling the fallout of his actions: both now, with his suicide, as well as when he made the bad decisions that led him to this conclusion.

Carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility. I do not feel that either the community here or that of Ohioans for Concealed Carry were in any way a lynch-mob.

We as concealed-carry licensees are held to a higher standard: we are supposed to know the laws and abide by them, we are supposed to be the good-guys and the good-girls, the sheepdogs.

This man broke the law, knowingly and as an adult, both as it stands now and as it would stand two months or so from now. That event does not deserve any sympathy.

It's really too bad that his loved ones have had to bear the burden, and that's where my sympathies are.

The guy in this story is now.. passed away.

The guy was my friend in high school. Faster with the wit than anyone I ever knew and always shockingly intelligent. Carried himself in a way that always made you underestimate him and he'd remind you that you did with a kind smile.

I'm in mourning, searching, and looking up news and found this forum.

He's passed away now. Due to I guess how far and wide his mistake was broadcast........... I have no idea why but he felt had no other way to get out of his situation. Even though he had a lot of people in the world that admired him.

He made a powerfully foolish mistake............ I dunno.

Why would you need to carry a concealed weapon in a bar at all? Just clicking around trying to find some answers.......

............and I just found out here that he used the gun to end it. I have no idea why....

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    What an idiot...I'm glad his permit was taken away!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

The "only" bar shootings around here are by gang bangers when someone of another gang enters another's "bar" , and everyone is carrying illegally and stolen guns.

Everyone screamed here too about guns , bars , alcohol = trouble. The keep forgetting that part of CCL , "law-abiding" citizens. So, nothing has happened in the nearly 2 yrs it was approved. Gee, what a surprise ... LMAO. The people with a CC continued being law abiding. Wow !
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    The guy in this story is now.. passed away.

The guy was my friend in high school. Faster with the wit than anyone I ever knew and always shockingly intelligent. Carried himself in a way that always made you underestimate him and he'd remind you that you did with a kind smile.

I'm in mourning, searching, and looking up news and found this forum.

He's passed away now. Due to I guess how far and wide his mistake was broadcast........... I have no idea why but he felt had no other way to get out of his situation. Even though he had a lot of people in the world that admired him.

He made a powerfully foolish mistake............ I dunno.

Why would you need to carry a concealed weapon in a bar at all? Just clicking around trying to find some answers.......

............and I just found out here that he used the gun to end it. I have no idea why....
    I am sorry for your loss.

Indeed, it may just have been a moment's indiscretion, combined with the effects of alcohol. But as with any of us concealed-carry license holders, he should have known better, and this - the "shoulda" part, did - and is still - getting plenty of discussion on our "home" Forum of the Ohio Concealed Carry Forums community.

To have a firearm as an equalizer, particularly in places where alcohol is consumed and passions or stupidity can get the better of people, is not itself a bad idea. However, the licensed carrier of that weapon needs to remain sober, and such provisions have been written into (and still will be there) in our laws here in Ohio.

We as firearms enthusiasts know well that alcohol/drugs and guns do not mix.

We as concealed-carry license bearing citizens should know the laws and, ostensibly, we are issued these licenses/permits based on the very fact that we are law-abiding citizens.

That's our burden to bear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links