This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

This is a discussion on This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Governor has just signed Ohio legislation allowing us in 90 days to carry in a restaurant or bar as long as we are not ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

This just seems like a set up. Could a CCW carrier be this stupid?

The Governor has just signed Ohio legislation allowing us in 90 days to carry in a restaurant or bar as long as we are not consuming alcohol. It was the right thing to do. We law abiding CCW holders should not have to be disarmed while we eat out as long as the facility allows it. If it does not we will go elsewhere. No problem. So in the weeks leading up to and since the signing the anti's have been screaming disaster would happen and then this occurs.

Man Pulls Out Gun at Local Bar - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

Almost seems like a set up. While a CCW person could go nuts it sure seems odd. What an idiot if he really was this dumb. Glad he is losing his permit.
    Curious everyone's thoughts.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

2. Remove Ads

He is an ass, nothing more, nothing less. Im glad they pulled his permit....
    357and40, TSiWRX and ErnieNWillis like this.

We had the same thing said about carrying in Rest/Bars here in Va.

The anti's went on and on about how the blood would run in the streets outside these places, but so far, it hasn't happened.

But of course this is what anti's do. Tell you what they think will happen and ignore what actually happens.

As for the dummy who pulled his gun in that bar, there's always an idiot among us.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

With that first drink of alcohol in your bloodstream, any thing you do will become less defensible in court. I believe if you are going to consume alcohol in a public place, you should leave your gun at home.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Sounds like a drunk moron,Not even an anti is going to face felony charges doing something that won't have any effect on the law
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is why we MAKE laws. Don't punish the honest CCWer, but I have no problem with nailing this maroooooooooooon.
    claude clay and bigdog44 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would imagine this was not the first time he was drinking in a bar and had a gun.
    TSiWRX and bigdog44 like this.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    Man Pulls Out Gun at Local Bar - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

Almost seems like a set up. While a CCW person could go nuts it sure seems odd. What an idiot if he really was this dumb. Glad he is losing his permit. Curious everyone's thoughts.
    That man shouldn't own guns period - should spend some time in jail too.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

AKsrule,
    I have no doubt that is exactly what will happen. Wish there was a dipstick test they could do for those going to purchase a gun and get a CCW. His would have been fully on alert. Of course one in probably 200+ thousand is pretty good numbers to show the rest of us in Ohio are very responsible.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

It does seem very convenient considering the ink isn't dry on that new gun law.
    I'd use the relevant websites and follow the case.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksthumper View Post
    I would imagine this was not the first time he was drinking in a bar and had a gun.
    That is my take also, he is probably who would think nothing of getting knee walking, gutter crawling drunk then getting behind the wheel of a lethal 4000 pound missile to get home too.
    JDE101 and Justified like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This is why we MAKE laws. Don't punish the honest CCWer, but I have no problem with nailing this maroooooooooooon.
    Agreed.

The non-permit holder is still more likely to break the laws than a permit holder.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    The idiot has no regard for the law. He one of those that think laws were written for others, not himself. Maybe his time behind bars and loss of second amendment rights will change his mind. Well probably not.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Vines name again, something in reference to convicted Felon in possession of a gun.
    TSiWRX likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm curious how the guy feels about it once he sobered up? I'd hate to be the one guy who ruined it for everyone else. (not that that has happened, but it could)

The whole bars thing has never been an issue for me as I've never been in one before. But I know the real issue with the law in OH was to do with restaurants that happened to also serve alcohol.

Fortunately as a CCW group, we probably have the highest compliance collectively with the law of any group. That guy was an idiot and everyone knows the liberal media would jump all over that one. With hundreds of thousands CCW permit holders carrying, there will always be a fraction of a percent that gives our second amendment rights a challenge.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links