Night Time Readiness??

This is a discussion on Night Time Readiness?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My bedstand has a Xd .45 with 13+1 loaded, a 3watt LED 3 D maglite (because you cant bash anything with a small light) and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night Time Readiness??

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    My bedstand has a Xd .45 with 13+1 loaded, a 3watt LED 3 D maglite (because you cant bash anything with a small light) and a 870 Police and Winchester 94 in .44mag close by. Cellphone is there as well. If SHTF for real, a RRA AR-15 resides right under me.
    Fear No Evil.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Ive got my XD.45, 3watt LED Maglite,and cellphone on the stand. Close by is a 870 police, and a winchester 94 .44mag. If SHTF for real, Ive got a RRA AR-15 right under me.

I too am a pretty heavy sleeper, my solution was to install a keyed lock and deadbolt on my bedroom door(now solid core). If someone were to enter my house, they would be in for a shock when trying to open that door, and that is a sound I will wake up instantly for. That and there is a pitbull, a german shepherd, and a 135lb rottweiler in the back that pretty much stay on top of anyone coming close to the house.
    Fear No Evil.

I'm going to restate the point on a loud dog. As far as the shotgun comment. I have to agree with not racking. My lighting, landscaping, locks, and dog are all deterrents. If they are in my house then I'm looking to destroy the threat not deter it. At that point my only thoughts are that they are not going to hurt my family and I don't want them to ever know I'm hunting them.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

I would like to change my opinion due to some good info I never realized before.

As Fuclosure stated, once the alarm is triggered and my dogs are barking their heads off, there is no way a BG is going to hear me on the second floor racking my shotgun.

Now that I think about it, two big Weimaraners barking and charging towards someone is going to give the BG a poop the pants feeling more than me racking my shotgun.

So now I will keep one in the chamber, with the safety on.

This is why I love forums like this. We all learn something new.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links