Need Concealment Suggestions for my job...

This is a discussion on Need Concealment Suggestions for my job... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Where is Tala when we need her?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Need Concealment Suggestions for my job...

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Where is Tala when we need her?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You could consider a fanny pack.
    Easy to access your firearm and it would look like something for change.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    what he said,then you wouldn't need to buy a new firearm

When I was at the Ft.Worth gun show recently there was a vendor selling an interesting holster that might work for you. Not sure what it was called. But basically it was a wooden or plastic block designed for the smaller guns like the LCP to fit into which allows you to stick the gun in a back pocket and it prints like a wallet or something. Essentially it is like a puzzle piece and your gun is one piece and the holster is another. Put them together and you have something roughly the shape of a wallet or cell phone.

Sounds like pocket carry is the best option for someone in your position.

I pocket carry either my LCP or LC9. You will have to adjust what goes in each pocket, but it is worthwhile to change up your pocket routine in order to carry your CCW.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

- Front Right Pocket: Keys and Folding Knife (cliped to pocket)
    - Front Left Pocket: Cash for delivery change, cell phone
    - Right and Left Cargo Pocket: Common Delivery Sides that customers may ask for (cheese, crushed pepper, seasoning. You'd be suprised how many people don't think about those until you show up at their door.
    Just a suggestion: move the clippable folding knife to your right rear pocket, at the frontmost corner. That clears the front right pocket to carry a holstered pocket gun and nothing else. Relocate keys to a cargo pocket (takes a little practice & thought but easily becomes second nature). Carry displaced condiments in a plastic shopping bag that's easily grabbed when you leave the car.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Just a suggestion: move the clippable folding knife to your right rear pocket, at the frontmost corner. That clears the front right pocket to carry a holstered pocket gun and nothing else. Relocate keys to a cargo pocket (takes a little practice & thought but easily becomes second nature). Carry displaced condiments in a plastic shopping bag that's easily grabbed when you leave the car.
    That sounds good to me. A j frame in the pocket works really well.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

Drawing with a tucked IWB is agreeably slower than OWB, but with practice, you can get it down to the 1.5 sec range or quicker (my vote for the CB style holster).

You also have the benefit of constantly carrying a large item (pizza bag) that can be tossed at the BG for distraction and buy you some time (+/- .75 sec) if the need arises.

Fanny pack is also a good idea, as you can keep the pepper/cheese packets in there instead of your pants pockets (I really loathe it when the delivery person pulls a handful from their front pockets or rear (lower body sweat... icky...). Only drawback is the BG may assume that you keep the money in there and demand you hand over the entire fanny pack.

What ever you decide to go with, practice, practice, practice. In uniform, and with whatever you have in your hands for deliveries.

ON EDIT - Keep your resume updated, and if you do get turfed for carrying as a delivery person, omit that, and fill in the blank with self employment attempt that did not work out so well/not paying the bills.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

SmartCarry all day, totally hidden and comfortable. I use mine when I can't take the chance of my CCW being noticed. Great for the shorts and tucked in shirt.

lcp in the back pocket would be a excellent consideration,or try a fanny pack if you prefer a larger caliber..

Try the smartcarry. Comfortable and completely concealed.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Fanny pack, or, if your cargo pockets are big enough, a pocket holster for an M&P9c.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Looks like a job for one of the small .380s (Ruger, Kel-Tec, Taurus) or a S&W airweight like the 442.

I have no problems carrying my 442 in a DeSantis pocket holster.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Like others have suggested already. Get a SmartCarry. One of the most concealable holsters I've seen yet, very comfortable but may take a little practice drawing quickly in a pinch.

I believe there's a 30 day money back garauntee.
    3rdGen.Glock19.TaloEdition
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

Retsupt99 beat me to it but i was going to suggest a fanny pack as well. Though the crossbreed and mtac are both comfortable and tuckable holsters. I know a couple of people love the remora (spelling) holster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    I know a couple of people love the remora (spelling) holster as well.
    Include me in that 'couple'...

My Remora Holster Review. Long w/pics.

=)
    3rdGen.Glock19.TaloEdition
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links