Need Concealment Suggestions for my job...
Need some ideas I can research...
I have a part time job as a Pizza Delivery man for a national chain. Since day one I have thought that we are easy targets for your local evil doer. Now a days, most companies have policy against how much cash we can carry, and if I could trust a BG to accept my $20 cash and walk away, then that would be a no-brainer, but in today's world BGs continually escalate even over $20.
I have my CCL and always have the gun in my car, under the drivers seat. However, I am not real comfortable with that idea seeing as my most vulnerable time is when I am OUTSIDE the car. So, given the following conditions, I need some suggestions for conceal carry.....I currently own a M&P 9, which I can conceal normally, but not easily with the following...
1. I live in Texas, so 9 months of the year, I am working in shorts. (ankle carry is out)
2. Our uniforms consist of heavy golf shirts that must be tucked in at all times.
3. I typically wear cargo shorts and don't carry my wallet. Just my DL, CCL and cell phone. So here is my current carry load to help those of you that work well with all the details.
- Front Right Pocket: Keys and Folding Knife (cliped to pocket)
- Front Left Pocket: Cash for delivery change, cell phone
- Right and Left Cargo Pocket: Common Delivery Sides that customers may ask for (cheese, crushed pepper, seasoning. You'd be suprised how many people don't think about those until you show up at their door.
I don't normally have anything in my back pockets, so I have been considering a pocket .380 (S&W bodyguard or LCP) but I don't have any experience with those guns or available holsters for rear pocket carry.
Any help would be appreciated, especially from other delivery drivers out there.