Got busted. Hilarious.

Got busted. Hilarious.

This is a discussion on Got busted. Hilarious. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Had a DR. appointment Tuesday & was headed in the building as Dr also started in. We greated & I held the 1st door for ...

Thread: Got busted. Hilarious.

Got busted. Hilarious.

Had a DR. appointment Tuesday & was headed in the building as Dr also started in. We greated & I held the 1st door for him. He got the 2nd door, nodded & as I stepped through he popped me on the left kidney area as we visited & he hit my extra mags.
    D. What was that? Was that a gun?
    Me. No doc it was not.
    D. Well what was it? I think you have a gun.
    M. Doc you sure ask a lot of questions about a guys underwear. I am by now wondering where this is going. We are both continuing to walk toward the office.
    D. If that was not a gun what was it?
    M. My extra magazines.
    D. You do have a gun. Short pause My wife has a pistol liscense.
    M. Good I will be one to encourage her.
    We split up. I register & he enters the Dr. door.
    Later in the office for report on last visit.
    D. Did you have one last time you were here?
    M. Doc you have never seen me unarmed yet. Does that make you nervous now that you know it? I am no different when you know I am armed than when you did not know.
    D. Well no I guess not.
    Two week ago he took a biopsy of a little place that is going to be removed.
    D. Did you have one the day I did your biopsy. again.
    I can barely keep from showing a grin but I managed it.
    M. Yes sir. It was not this one but I did have one in my back pocket.
    D. I never did a biopsy on anyone with a gun on them.
    M. Doc, You mean that you knew had a gun on them. I am sure you have more patients than you think that have CHL. Some of us carry all the time. If you had not patted my mags on the way in you would not know I had one today or that you had done my biopsy while I was armed. I never did tell him the wife was setting in the waiting room w/ another one.
    D. Uhhh, right. OK your questions.
    All back to normal for the rest of the visit. He did tell me that I am a high mantainance patient. Too many questions. I now have thought of my response to that for my next visit. I pd him $30.00 co pay & I don't know how much he charged my ins. That was for 30 minutes or a little less. I will tell him that he is a high Dollar Dr. & the only reason he thinks I am a a high maint. patient is that I dont come in here like the average sheep just saying, yes doc, anything you say doc. I have Qs when your gonna cut on me. Minor surgery is when you are cutting on me, it don't get to be major until they are cutting on you doc.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Lead Moderator
    At least he isn't totally anti and demand you not carry or go elsewhere.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    So asking lots of questions about a medical procedure makes one "high maintenance?" That doctor is a bit clueless and full of himself....I'd be asking a lot of questions too if I were undergoing any kind of medical test and/or procedure.....and he's somewhat of a pain-in-the-rear for all of the probative questions.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Good for you... 'High Maintenence' as a patient is a _good_ thing!

Doesn't seem like he was against guns, just under-educated. With the amount of time a person has to spend around a college campus to become a doctor, it's suprising that they aren't all fully indoctronated as eliteist left-wing panty-wetters!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Yes gentlemen, it was an educational time. I will also send him & the wife an application to our shooting range. I give the orientations.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Quote Originally Posted by cmidkiff
    With the amount of time a person has to spend around a college campus to become a doctor, it's suprising that they aren't all fully indoctronated as eliteist left-wing panty-wetters!
    nah, it's all in how they are raised...my wife is a doc and she managed to get through college AND med school with Glock in hand so to say (and carry permits from multiple states)...they aren't all as bad as the AMA makes them seem...though it was funny one time when one of her colleagues was visiting at our house and a package arrived...my wife asked me what just came by UPS...
    Me: "oh some Glock magazines were on sale so I ordered a few"...
    Wife's Friend: "Glock? ...[pause]...you have a gun?"
    Me: "Well, I do CARRY a Glock, I HAVE lots of other guns too"
    Wife's Friend: "..........oh...."
    She's actually a good friend of ours and wasn't too disturbed by her heathen gun toting friends but it did catch her off guard a bit. We've known her for years but don't usually advertise the fact....it was the right time to let her into the "circle of trust" ...now we've just got to get her to the range and we will have converted another one of those Dr. types...one at a time...one at a time

Assistant Administrator
    Great story
    I never did tell him the wife was setting in the waiting room w/ another one
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

That was a good account. Thanks for sharing.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    My Mother in law is a pediatrician and owns the most extensive and impressive gun collections of anyone I know.....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

When my doc found out I was into guns, he invited me shooting.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

My dentist is an FFL III holder and has an amazing collection of SMG's. It's fun to run into him at the range.

As far as the high maintainence thing goes, as a nurse I prefer patients that have lots of questions it shows concern, and intelligence and usually means they'll recover faster.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

VIP Member
    Don't be too surprised if on your next visit he asks you what the procedure is for getting a CHL!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Funny reading this right now.

Some of our towns require letters from an MD certifying that the applicant for a LTC (CCW in most places) is mentally stable to carry a handgun. [Yeah, I know that MDs aren't psychiatrists! It's the local chief's way of limiting who and how many get their LTCs.]

A good friend is getting his LTC renewed in a new (to him) town where the chief is requiring said letter. He asked me for the names of some pro-gun MDs (in Eastern MA). I really don't know of any, but I placed a call to my oral surgeon who is a life-long gun owner and am awaiting his call back. I expect that I'll get a referral or two from him.

So, one way to find MDs that are pro-gun is ask any other medical professional that you know who (one that you already know is pro-gun) for a referral.

Sponsored Links