Dr.s and guns

This is a discussion on Dr.s and guns within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; reading the thread about being busted by your Doc. http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=12614 Got me thinking. I need to find a new doctor closer to home. How should ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr.s and guns

Question Dr.s and guns

reading the thread about being busted by your Doc.

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=12614

Got me thinking. I need to find a new doctor closer to home. How should I go about finding out about their 2A stand. I mean, I could just show up and they could always say "no gun or don't come" That's fine but, my time is valuable to me and I don't want to have to find yet another Dr. Should I call and ask up front before I even make the first appoitment?

-Biker

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    When calling around looking for a new doc, how about just asking. If they do not want you there with a weapon they'll let you know over the phone. It would'nt be a silly question to ask them.

If you are a member of a range you could ask around to see if any Dr.'s go there...other than that I don't see a major problem with asking about legal weapon carry...just make sure that you point out that you are legally licensed to carry it and ask if they have a policy against it...as I said in my other post, not ALL the doctors out there are as bad as the AMA makes them seem...quite a few of them are on our side you just have to look around to find them in some areas

I have had'em ask me (in Californai) if I owned any firearms. I just told'em it was none of their business. Then I was told that "I don't have to treat you". I said that I was a pretty popular fellow and knew alot of people (which I did from my job)and I could send alot of business elsewhere.
    He shut up....

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    Are you a member of any clubs, organizations, churches etc...? If you are, I'd ask around and see if there are any doctors that are members too. I found our family doctor at church. He is a great friend. We golf, kayak, fish, and hunt together occasionally. I know exactly where he stands on guns, and I know he gonna be straight with me and not feed me any medical BS either. Incidentally, I found my attorney, dentist, and insurance agent the same way.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Sometimes they post a sign

In Mountain City, Tennessee, the local doctors office/ER facility has a sign posted on the front door. It's big and bright enough to not be easily missed. You may not be able to tell exactly what's going on in their heads but at least you know where they stand on the issue. I've never asked them about it since my guess is that it's the result of a 'policy' drafted by a daft lawyer somewhere to satisfy a committee of the board that runs this place by remote control from Johnson City, about 40, 45 miles away. On the other hand, if I were a doctor - and I were just the least little bit paranoid - I might get worried about some of the bills sent out in my name. Maybe they think that some day, hoards of screaming patients clutching invoices in one hand and firing wildly from the other will hammer up against the door with that protective plastic sign on it. Well, anyway, the sign will always protect the folks working there. No one will get through that, no sirree! (My wife's invoices are totaling up around 36K at the moment, I think and climbing)

I think there is a progun medical organization. You might look them up and see if one of their guys lives near you. Doctors for the Second Amendment or something like that...
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array Timmy Jimmy's Avatar
    It is Doctors for Responsible Gun Ownership and their web page is http://www.claremont.org/projects/doctors/index.html
    Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

TJ thank you for the address to Responsible Doctors.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Think about this:

a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
    b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.
    c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Then think about this:

a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
    b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.
    c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a public health measure I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    Think about this:

a. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000.
    b. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.
    c. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Then think about this:

a. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000.
    b. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.
    c. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a public health measure I have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    My family doctor has always been pro2A...in fact we go hunting and shooting all the time. He even has an impressive collection of Winchester 94's. Too bad theyre all not like that.
    Fear No Evil.

great link ibex, thanks. And thanks for all the replies
    -Biker

My back doctor is a avid hunter, motorcycle rider, seen him at the gun store, when I go for a visit half of the time there we talk guns, so no guessing here.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links