CWP's No Longer in Database in Colorado

This is a discussion on CWP's No Longer in Database in Colorado within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Colorado isn't a "must notify" state, but each county's sheriff has had the option of entering CWP's into a statewide database accessible during traffic stops. ...

Thread: CWP's No Longer in Database in Colorado

CWP's No Longer in Database in Colorado

Colorado isn't a "must notify" state, but each county's sheriff has had the option of entering CWP's into a statewide database accessible during traffic stops. I've just heard that all existing CWP information must be removed from the database immediately, and no new CWP's can be added to the database. But I don't know if they've complied yet.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFontenot View Post
    Colorado isn't a "must notify" state, but each county's sheriff has had the option of entering CWP's into a statewide database accessible during traffic stops. I've just heard that all existing CWP information must be removed from the database immediately, and no new CWP's can be added to the database. But I don't know if they've complied yet.
    I think it's doubtful they've all even got the word yet.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I was told by a LEO that at first when they ran your licence, it would come up in the same section on their screen as warrents and they had to click to see what it was. He said that it always hightened their level of alertness and then was relieved when they saw it was just CCW and not a warrent. Several years ago they fixed that. Where did you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I was told by a LEO that at first when they ran your licence, it would come up in the same section on their screen as warrents and they had to click to see what it was. He said that it always hightened their level of alertness and then was relieved when they saw it was just CCW and not a warrent. Several years ago they fixed that. Where did you hear that?
    Here it is on the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners site:
    Link: Colorado's No-Compromise Gun Rights Organization - Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
    July 20, 2011

Yesterday, I alerted you that some county sheriffs, deputies, police officers and administrators throughout Colorado may not be aware of a change in Colorado law that took effect July 1.

As you know by now, on July 1, sheriffs are no longer allowed to load concealed weapon permit holder information into the state's criminal database, the CCIC. The database was also required by law to be wiped clean of concealed weapon permit holder data.

I got pulled over some years back by a State Patrol officer for expired plates. I inquired and he told me that when they run the plates, the info comes back on the same page or section as wants/warrants/convictions for who the vehicle is registered to. They actually had to open up the page or file to see what specifically it is other than a hit on the WWC. If they don't, for all they know, you are BG.

One does wonder what would happen if you get pulled over driving another persons car (borrowing) that has some bad juju that has not caught up with them yet.

As for them clearing the database...I'm sure there will be some technical error that will either prevent it, or will be restored from backup shortly after cleansing.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

cj
    This will be nice. I rarely get pulled over, but last time I was due to a brake light being out it took a really long time for him to run everything (I can't recall his exact excuse, but I'm sure it was the whole flagging thing when running a license).

Links