Almost there...

This is a discussion on Almost there... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After 5 years out of the country, I'm back. I passed the written and range proficiency tests and the application is on the way to ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By 40strapped

Thread: Almost there...

VIP Member

Almost there...

After 5 years out of the country, I'm back. I passed the written and range proficiency tests and the application is on the way to Austin. They say it's taking about 6 weeks to get the permit. The longest 6 weeks ever!
    RugerMak likes this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Look at it on a positive note. Gives you time to find carry method and equipment that will work best for you.
    RugerMak likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Welcome Back...to U.S. Soil...

from Central Florida!

ret

(In six weeks you can have a new holster from Fist.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Welcome back, be safe and be armed...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I got mine back 26 days after I mailed it!!! Texas is speeding up the process!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 40strapped View Post
    I got mine back 26 days after I mailed it!!! Texas is speeding up the process!
    That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Ben
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Congrats bentcursor...Texas is safer with you aboard!!

I got mine back in 11 days I think? I can't remember but I do remember it being fast. I logged onto the CHL site from the DPS and it tells you where your permit is. (where in the process) Mine still said "awaiting materials" after a week so I called to make sure they got everything they needed and was super super nice to the lady. I'd like to think it was this that got me my permit so fast. Other in my class waited weeks and weeks. I don't know. :)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    When I applied for mine back in 08, I mailed app on Jul 22 and recieved plastic on Nov 1. 3.5 months. And I know I have nothing on my record that held it up. That was a long wait for me, I hope yours goes fast for you...
    and 11 days just makes me sick!
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    When I applied for mine back in 08, I mailed app on Jul 22 and recieved plastic on Nov 1. 3.5 months. And I know I have nothing on my record that held it up. That was a long wait for me, I hope yours goes fast for you...
    Ditto me to the above. My wife and I just applied on the 22nd of July of this year. Were not expecting our till November either and neither of us have had anything more serious than a speeding ticket that was properly dealt with and resolved. It is going to be a long wait.

Bentcursor, Welcome home, by the way. Five years is a long time gone and there is no place like home.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Back in 08 there were thousands of applications for the CHL here in Texas. For the life of me, I can't figure out why so many applied back then!!

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Ditto me to the above. My wife and I just applied on the 22nd of July of this year. Were not expecting our till November either and neither of us have had anything more serious than a speeding ticket that was properly dealt with and resolved. It is going to be a long wait.

Bentcursor, Welcome home, by the way. Five years is a long time gone and there is no place like home.
    It seemed like forever. I hope it dosen't take that long for you. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pilotdoug View Post
    Back in 08 there were thousands of applications for the CHL here in Texas. For the life of me, I can't figure out why so many applied back then!!
    LOL me either.

Welcome back, and good luck!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    One up side of checking on the application status each day is that I've memorized my drivers license number!
    Ben

Links