Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around

This is a discussion on Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my WA State permit in 8 days. But then again, I've been fortunate in my last two states. Colorado told me to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,631

    Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around

    I just got my WA State permit in 8 days. But then again, I've been fortunate in my last two states. Colorado told me to expect 9-11 weeks and I got my permit in 3 1/2 weeks. New Mexico told me to expect 2 months and I only waited 4 weeks. No test, no hassle - WTG Washington!!!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array SpencerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bliss, Texas/Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    4,301
    Very nice, congrats on the new permit. I got my Arizona permit in like 4 days lol

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,050
    And yet, I can't get half the people I know to apply for the permit, lol

  5. #4
    New Member Array rogerl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11
    My CO permit was 90 days to the day. They just sit on them in my county until legally obligated to give them (I assume).

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,631
    Livewire - I know what you mean. You can see the sheep - they all have the same "my government tells me to stay in a state of ignorant bliss" look on their faces. I see it more here than anywhere else I've lived.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Friday to Friday here in Snoho Co.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  8. #7
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,511
    Now eight days is FAST, although it ought to be a 'same day' process, or no process at all...like in AZ and several other states.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now eight days is FAST, although it ought to be a 'same day' process, or no process at all...like in AZ and several other states.
    I know, cuz all they're doing is a background check like any gun store, right?
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now eight days is FAST, although it ought to be a 'same day' process, or no process at all...like in AZ and several other states.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I know, cuz all they're doing is a background check like any gun store, right?
    They aren't waiting for the background check, they're waiting for the fingerprint check, that takes a few days because WSP does it and they like to drag their feet a bit. A week is about the best turnaround time you can expect from them.

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Livewire - I know what you mean. You can see the sheep - they all have the same "my government tells me to stay in a state of ignorant bliss" look on their faces. I see it more here than anywhere else I've lived.
    That's because you're in Seattle :) Actually, you'd be surprised how many CCWers you'll see there if you start to discuss it, or really look for that IWB bulge. But what you're seeing over there is what I miss about Sea the most, that laid back energy. It's not really being 'sheep', although there is some of that. It's not really "ignorant bliss" but just "bliss", there are just more happy people, I suppose. :)

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    They aren't waiting for the background check, they're waiting for the fingerprint check, that takes a few days because WSP does it and they like to drag their feet a bit. A week is about the best turnaround time you can expect from them.
    I see. So the reason the background checks are so quick is because the fingerprint check is already on file. Gotcha.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I see. So the reason the background checks are so quick is because the fingerprint check is already on file. Gotcha.
    Ummmm... I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, so I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't understand me, or if I offended you somehow.

    The background check takes a day or less, same check they use for the arrestees, I think. The fingerprint check is done by WSP (Washington State Patrol, for the non-Washingtonians), and that's what takes a week to get back. Any further delay is just your local PD's paperwork load, or their lack of desire to process CPL applications.

  14. #13
    Member Array Ally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    48*09'22.83" N 112*11'05.37" W (WA)
    Posts
    84
    It also matters if you go through county or city. The city will usually go quicker.
    As for other ccwers it depends on where you are, if you are in Fremont you may not find as many as you would in say Everett.

  15. #14
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    Ummmm... I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, so I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't understand me, or if I offended you somehow.

    The background check takes a day or less, same check they use for the arrestees, I think. The fingerprint check is done by WSP (Washington State Patrol, for the non-Washingtonians), and that's what takes a week to get back. Any further delay is just your local PD's paperwork load, or their lack of desire to process CPL applications.
    LOL, we're on the same page.

    In 5 working days, I'm pretty sure my only 'delay' was mail time after the fingerprint check came in.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    LOL, we're on the same page.

    In 5 working days, I'm pretty sure my only 'delay' was mail time after the fingerprint check came in.
    Mine took the whole 30 :( And they called me to pick it up since I worked across the street. But, it was not long after the Obama election, and the line for CPL was as long as the line for new guns at the gun shop. . . on the second floor of the bldg I worked at.

    And there's someone with the same name as I, with a similar birth date with a "Brady Violation", domestic Violence I believe, that caused extra review. Weeee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

average time in washington state to get a concealed permit

,
concealed weapons permit auburn wa
,
concealed weapons permit auburn wa times
,
concealed weapons permit auburn washington
,
current turnaround time for cpl in washington state
,
gun permit auburn wa
,

kitsap county concealed carry permit

,

kitsap county concealed weapons permit

,
long cpl waits everett wa
,
wa cpl snohomish wait time
,
wa state cpl turnaround time january 2013
,

washington cpl waiting period

Click on a term to search for related topics.