Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around

This is a discussion on Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my WA State permit in 8 days. But then again, I've been fortunate in my last two states. Colorado told me to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar

Washington State Permit - FAST Turn around

I just got my WA State permit in 8 days. But then again, I've been fortunate in my last two states. Colorado told me to expect 9-11 weeks and I got my permit in 3 1/2 weeks. New Mexico told me to expect 2 months and I only waited 4 weeks. No test, no hassle - WTG Washington!!!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Very nice, congrats on the new permit. I got my Arizona permit in like 4 days lol

And yet, I can't get half the people I know to apply for the permit, lol

My CO permit was 90 days to the day. They just sit on them in my county until legally obligated to give them (I assume).

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Livewire - I know what you mean. You can see the sheep - they all have the same "my government tells me to stay in a state of ignorant bliss" look on their faces. I see it more here than anywhere else I've lived.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Friday to Friday here in Snoho Co.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Now eight days is FAST, although it ought to be a 'same day' process, or no process at all...like in AZ and several other states.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Now eight days is FAST, although it ought to be a 'same day' process, or no process at all...like in AZ and several other states.
    I know, cuz all they're doing is a background check like any gun store, right?
    Fortune favors the bold.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    I know, cuz all they're doing is a background check like any gun store, right?
    They aren't waiting for the background check, they're waiting for the fingerprint check, that takes a few days because WSP does it and they like to drag their feet a bit. A week is about the best turnaround time you can expect from them.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    Livewire - I know what you mean. You can see the sheep - they all have the same "my government tells me to stay in a state of ignorant bliss" look on their faces. I see it more here than anywhere else I've lived.
    That's because you're in Seattle :) Actually, you'd be surprised how many CCWers you'll see there if you start to discuss it, or really look for that IWB bulge. But what you're seeing over there is what I miss about Sea the most, that laid back energy. It's not really being 'sheep', although there is some of that. It's not really "ignorant bliss" but just "bliss", there are just more happy people, I suppose. :)

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    They aren't waiting for the background check, they're waiting for the fingerprint check, that takes a few days because WSP does it and they like to drag their feet a bit. A week is about the best turnaround time you can expect from them.
    I see. So the reason the background checks are so quick is because the fingerprint check is already on file. Gotcha.
    Fortune favors the bold.

I see. So the reason the background checks are so quick is because the fingerprint check is already on file. Gotcha.
    Ummmm... I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, so I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't understand me, or if I offended you somehow.

The background check takes a day or less, same check they use for the arrestees, I think. The fingerprint check is done by WSP (Washington State Patrol, for the non-Washingtonians), and that's what takes a week to get back. Any further delay is just your local PD's paperwork load, or their lack of desire to process CPL applications.

It also matters if you go through county or city. The city will usually go quicker.
    As for other ccwers it depends on where you are, if you are in Fremont you may not find as many as you would in say Everett.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    Ummmm... I didn't get a whole lot of sleep, so I'm not sure if you're saying you didn't understand me, or if I offended you somehow.

The background check takes a day or less, same check they use for the arrestees, I think. The fingerprint check is done by WSP (Washington State Patrol, for the non-Washingtonians), and that's what takes a week to get back. Any further delay is just your local PD's paperwork load, or their lack of desire to process CPL applications.
    LOL, we're on the same page.

In 5 working days, I'm pretty sure my only 'delay' was mail time after the fingerprint check came in.
    Fortune favors the bold.

LOL, we're on the same page.

In 5 working days, I'm pretty sure my only 'delay' was mail time after the fingerprint check came in.
    Mine took the whole 30 :( And they called me to pick it up since I worked across the street. But, it was not long after the Obama election, and the line for CPL was as long as the line for new guns at the gun shop. . . on the second floor of the bldg I worked at.

And there's someone with the same name as I, with a similar birth date with a "Brady Violation", domestic Violence I believe, that caused extra review. Weeee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links