Ouch! My ribs!

Ouch! My ribs!

This is a discussion on Ouch! My ribs! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, in 15 years of carry, I've never done this before. We went to see Harry Potter tonight. Part way through I needed to go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ouch! My ribs!

Ouch! My ribs!

Well, in 15 years of carry, I've never done this before. We went to see Harry Potter tonight. Part way through I needed to go to the restroom. Upon returning to my seat, I was in a hurry to sit back down to get out of everyone's view. I was wearing my Glock 19 in the OWB paddle holster, under my shirt. Upon sitting, the muzzle of my gun caught the cup-holder of the cinema seat and most of the weight of my body rested on the back of the gun via my rib cage. Ouch. No damage done to the gun or, holster, and so far, to my body. Still feels a bit sore there, though. Nobody was ever aware of the incident other than me and my wife. She heard me make a muffled grunting noise and suspected something of the sort.

Anyway.. watch out for those cinema cup holders!
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

I bet you won't make that mistake again.
    Life is full of learning experiences.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have caught mine on a metal outdoor chair at a restaurant. Stood up and took the chair with me! Luckily, no one noticed. I am much more aware of this now. :)

Those Harry Potter films are pretty awful. Lesson learned.
    9MMare likes this.

VIP Member
    Been there/done that climbing on a tractor (catching on the seat's arm rest). 'Catches one right in the floating ribs and hurts like a bear. 'Almost did it again today.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i've caught mine on chairs before, sitting down and standing up. Its worse trying to sit and stand while wearing a duty belt.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Administrator
    Just wave your little Harry Potter wand around and say a little effeminate magic incantation and all of your rib pain will disappear.
    Inspector71 likes this.

Your first mistake was being at a harry potter film.

You might want to try appendix carry if you're going to be sitting for a couple hours.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Administrator
    Don't ever go to see 212 minute long BEN HUR wearing a Small Of Back holster.

mkh
    I've done that in my favorite chair at home.It hurts.

My church has theater type seating and I've learned to wiggle my way down into the chair so that the gun on my right hip and the security radio on my left hip don't hang up. All part of dressing and living around the gun.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I've done the same thing.

I'm a big guy and most theater seats, lawn chairs and the like are to narrow for me when I "side" carry. So, after a couple of painful experiences I altered my CBST for AIWB. This works a whole lot better; and after a couple of weeks to get used to the new sensation of AIWB, I found that 1:30 is a MUCH more comfortable position for me to carry.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I bet you won't make that mistake again.
    Life is full of learning experiences.
    and here is another vote that you survive enough of them to live long enough to enjoy life

oddly, as i pay attention to things in motion: my hands and what they may be doing or my body as it pases through
    life's many obstacles--i have never had a event such as you describe. perhaps random events lead by Murphy may deliver
    yet unto me one. I'm patient; even after 50 years something may sure as heck occur.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Brutal! I hate when I get stuff caught, as I'm in the process I am only carrying around my property to get used to it. Additionally I am trying new setups of my EDC (keys light gun etc) and I HATE when I brush or snag anything. Bothers me more than it should for some reason. At least it usually only takes once for you to learn!

Glad you survived and didn't have to shoot any wizards,

BigJon

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Well, in 15 years of carry, I've never done this before. We went to see Harry Potter tonight. Part way through I needed to go to the restroom. Upon returning to my seat, I was in a hurry to sit back down to get out of everyone's view. I was wearing my Glock 19 in the OWB paddle holster, under my shirt. Upon sitting, the muzzle of my gun caught the cup-holder of the cinema seat and most of the weight of my body rested on the back of the gun via my rib cage. Ouch. No damage done to the gun or, holster, and so far, to my body. Still feels a bit sore there, though. Nobody was ever aware of the incident other than me and my wife. She heard me make a muffled grunting noise and suspected something of the sort.

Anyway.. watch out for those cinema cup holders!
    Were you trying to make a point?

Im surprised that after 15 years of carrying, this would happen...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links