I love carrying... - Page 3

I love carrying...

This is a discussion on I love carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not love the folding tactical knife for its sharpness, nor the bullet for its speed and deadly accuracy, nor the warrior for his ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: I love carrying...

Senior Moderator
    I do not love the folding tactical knife for its sharpness, nor the bullet for its speed and deadly accuracy, nor the warrior for his glory...I love only that which they defend.
    limatunes and TN_Mike like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Well, despite all of the downers, I feel great about carrying. I feel like I'm being a part of the solution, rather than being a part of the problem. Sort of like when I take my recycling down to the recycle place once or twice a week. (unfortunately they don't have curbside pickup in my neighborhood) Sure, I'm just one person and my recycling doesn't make a big global difference, but I can't expect others to do it if I won't. It is the same thing with firearms. I wish far more people became licensed and carried. I suspect violent crime would drop a lot.

Also, there is a difference between somebody who uses a firearm as just a tool and somebody who genuinely enjoys them. Since they are also a hobby, carrying one sort of goes along with that. I won't deny it. I think anyone on here who has 3 or more guns is probably in the same category.
    MikeNice and Tn Mitch like this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I do not love the folding tactical knife for its sharpness, nor the bullet for its speed and deadly accuracy, nor the warrior for his glory...I love only that which they defend.
    Personally, I love the sweet aroma of good quality gun leather, the cool feeling of stainless steel pressed against my skin, the smooth and slippery feel of Speer Gold Dots as I load them into the magazine. I love that satisfying "click" as I shove the magazine home, the sound of the slide racking, and the feel of the gun bucking back against the web of my hand as I pull the trigger almost as if she's begging me to pull the trigger again and again and again...

But, that's just me.

I also love living in a country where I'm able to do that.
    HotGuns and Buckj like this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Personally, I love the sweet aroma of good quality gun leather, the cool feeling of stainless steel pressed against my skin, the smooth and slippery feel of Speer Gold Dots as I load them into the magazine. I love that satisfying "click" as I shove the magazine home, the sound of the slide racking, and the feel of the gun bucking back against the web of my hand as I pull the trigger almost as if she's begging me to pull the trigger again and again and again...

But, that's just me.

I also love living in a country where I'm able to do that.
    I'm also willing to bet that you "love the smell of napalm in the morning..."
    Tn Mitch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I'm also willing to bet that you "love the smell of napalm in the morning..."
    Not really, but I loved that movie.

I enjoy collecting, care and feeding of, and using guns as well as anyone on the Forum but concealed carry is just a necessary evil.
    HotGuns and wmhawth like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    concealed carry is just a necessary evil.
    It is.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I for one feel good that I can legally carry in any way that I wish, with as many pistols as I can comfortably carry, all for the purpose of self defense. To be able to feel some sense of additional security when I know there are people who might wish to deprive me of that which I possess, of my liberty, or even my life.

I do not celebrate having the ability to mortally wound a perpetrator who attempts to do the same to me. I rest easier knowing that there is the possibility that I may escape a situation that normally might be inescapable.

If you don't feel that you actually 'love' the ability to carry, just consider whether you'd hate losing it...one feeling is likely to be polar opposite of the other.
    MikeNice likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    I recommend viewing some of nutnfancy's youtube vids as it relates to his opinion about the "Obligation of Carry" and "Concealed Carry Protocol", among his other "philisophical" vids. They properly adjusted my (and my wife's) pov, thinking and attitude about cc...
    I'm with you there, MCG.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    ...I love my right to not have to testify against my spouse...
    Ummm, JD, I'd continue treating the wife well!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Administrator
    I don't give a crap how ya'll feel. That's a bunch of sissy talk... feelings and stuff.
    9MMare, INccwchris and WHEC724 like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I don't give a crap how ya'll feel. That's a bunch of sissy talk... feelings and stuff.
    Ya got to admit though, it can be entertaining at times...

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Oh, SIXTO..how can you talk like that...

"feelings and stuff"

‪Feelings - Morris Albert‬‏ - YouTube

Feel the love brother, feel the love.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Oh, SIXTO..how can you talk like that...

"feelings and stuff"

‪Feelings - Morris Albert‬‏ - YouTube

Feel the love brother, feel the love.
    I'm pretty sure I just suffered some ill effects from that video. I got to go put away this 9mm and dig out a 44 now. And, Morris Albert is a sissy too. I bet he doesnt even own a gun.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm pretty sure I just suffered some ill effects from that video. I got to go put away this 9mm and dig out a 44 now. And, Morris Albert is a sissy too. I bet he doesnt even own a gun.
    You're probably right. LOL

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Have a good night SIXTO...

Administrator
    Yup. You too. Feelings
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links