I love carrying...

This is a discussion on I love carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Yup. You too. Feelings Does this mean we get to like hold hands and stuff? OK, I'm outta here......

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: I love carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yup. You too. Feelings
    Does this mean we get to like hold hands and stuff?

OK, I'm outta here...

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Does this mean we get to like hold hands and stuff?

OK, I'm outta here...

Go join the military if thats what you want to do.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm pretty sure I just suffered some ill effects from that video.
    Me too.

Ya' feelin' alright?
    I'm not feelin' too good myself.

‪joe cocker - FEELIN ALRIGHT - Ultimate Collection‬‏ - YouTube
    Old School likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member
    Oh for Pete's sake, don't we all love guns here? If I did not I'd be on Foodgawker.com. I like to carry. It gives me options.

I think Thunder is just sittin on the porch with a flag flying and a dog and a cold piece of watermelon listening to the crickets and thinking what a great country we live in. Oh, and slapping a few mosquitoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    There's not a day goes by that I don't a) Thank my lucky stars I got my CWP. b) Strap on my pistol. c) Consider the awesome responsibility that accompanies my decision to carry. d) Praise the rights we have in this country to self defense.
    Granted I do understand somewhat where the OP is coming from...and it's good to appreciate our rights (understatement)....but considering use and frequency...I wish more Americans would appreciate the awesome responsibility they have when they get behind the wheel.

But I dont want to pile on with the downerisms...I did get a gun for self-defense, but found that I truly enjoy shooting and training and have met some great people doing so.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I love guns, owning guns, shooting guns, carrying guns, folding tactical knives because they are sharp, the bullet for its speed and deadly accuracy, the warrior for his glory, that which they defend. I love all of these things because they are what they are. I also love the fact that I am able to use my gun to defend me and mine... I do not love the fact that someday I may have too.

Thunder, I have been around guns all of my life, and carrying concealed for a few years and I still share your feelings. I hope that we never become grumpy because we feel that we HAVE to carry, just stay happy because we can.
    Buckj, MikeNice and Tn Mitch like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Lightbulb Why ...

It's simple really.

There are those who abide by the law ..... and those who don't.

For that reason, I choose to carry....

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I don't give a crap how ya'll feel. That's a bunch of sissy talk... feelings and stuff.

Tell your wife that, see how fast your on the couch. Whose the tough one now? lol

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake, don't we all love guns here? If I did not I'd be on Foodgawker.com. I like to carry. It gives me options.

I think Thunder is just sittin on the porch with a flag flying and a dog and a cold piece of watermelon listening to the crickets and thinking what a great country we live in. Oh, and slapping a few mosquitoes.
    I love my guns, I love my holsters, I even have really been enjoying pimping out my AK. Every day I strap on I stop and think, what if today I have to shoot someone. Then I pray it dosen't happen. I hate carrying my guns. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I hate the weight, I hate the feel of it being there, I hate the looks at me when I open carry.(i know i could conceal, but i just dont feel like it sometimes.) I hate going to work with one on. But I might need it, so i buck up and put it on. However, there is nothing like the snap of a thumb break and a 1911 clearing leather as I pull that crisp trigger on the range. I love guns, ammo, accessories, talking guns, talking strategy, but I hate carrying a gun every day. Like Jeff Cooper said, carrying a gun is not meant to be comfortable, its meant to be comforting.
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 24th, 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

My two cents:

Do I feel a sense of pride because I carry, no. I feel a sense of pride because I can carry!

My Grandfather since I was young (I am 49 now) always told me "when you turn 18 get your license to carry". He told me that there was evil in this world and this is the greatest Country that allowed it's citizens to "bare arms" to protect ourselves. He also told me that there is there a great responsibility with carrying a firearm, one that I do not take lightly even to this day.

I am not knocking the OP at all, I remember when I first started carrying and some of the feelings I felt knowing that I have a tool that may help save my life and my loved ones. I don't feel that I am better than others, or like I am some sort of LEO, I feel better about myself that I am not relying on someone else for my safety.

P.S. I love guns, always have and always will!!!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Thank you limatunes for saying what I first thought when I read this thread. My hope is that the thread-writer does not mean what he wrote in the same sense that you and I interpreted his comments. If he does mean it the way we interpreted it--feeling "proud" that he has a firearm strapped to him as he waits for his daughter's birthday party--his thought process and CC mindset is beyond me. Personally, I feel a sense of responsibility and, if anything a huge disappointment that CC is even necessary--far from proud that society is the way it is and I have to do what I have to do.

I also love cars, but that doesn't mean I'm looking forward to a 8 hour drive in a car full of kids...but I'm glad the car is in the garage ready and able to make the trip when the time comes.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Some of you get my post, the others apparently just find the negative in anything and I feel sad for you. I would like to think a gun forum is at least one place where I wouldn't have to explain why I appreciate having the right to protect my loved ones, unfortunately that's not the case.

Never once did I ever remotely say I'd like to defend myself and shoot someone.

Good grief some of you are so beyond the glass is half empty line of thought it truly saddens me that you do not feel good to be ABLE carry legally and protect your love ones should you ever have to. If it doesn't make you feel good knowing you could save your wife, children, yourself, etc, then there is really something wrong with you. If carrying is such a burden on you I'm so glad we are not alike, I'm quite the opposite and appreciate the huge responsibility when I holster my firearm while knowing it may be the one thing that let's me see my loved ones another day.
    Last edited by Thunder71; July 24th, 2011 at 08:13 PM.
    21bubba, rhinokrk, Buckj and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    I don't give a crap how ya'll feel. That's a bunch of sissy talk... feelings and stuff.
    LOL. Thank you for saying that. I was about to, but in a way that would have earned me infractions.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Some of you get my post, the others apparently just find the negative in anything and I feel sad for you. I would like to think a gun forum is at least one place where I wouldn't have to explain why I appreciate having the right to protect my loved ones, unfortunately that's not the case.

Never once did I ever remotely say I'd like to defend myself and shoot someone.

Good grief some of you are so beyond the glass is half empty line of thought it truly saddens me that you do not feel good to be ABLE carry legally and protect your love ones should you ever have to. If it doesn't make you feel good knowing you could save your wife, children, yourself, etc, then there is really something wrong with you. If carrying is such a burden on you I'm so glad we are not alike, I'm quite the opposite and appreciate the huge responsibility when o holster my firearm while knowing it may be the one thing that let's me see my loved ones another day.
    Don't sweat it Thunder. When you put something out there, it is subject to occasionally being over-analyzed. I think you saw that many of us understood the spirit of your sentiment. Carry on.
    DefConGun likes this.

"Good grief some of you are so beyond the glass is half empty line of thought it truly saddens me..."

It's a forum. You originated a thread with a thought. It is assumed that all thoughts are invited to a forum thread and not only a singular way of thinking. Of course a person could always add a proviso that says: "don't reply to this thread if you don't feel the same way."

I am very grateful to possess the blessing to be able legally arm myself, to be able to conceal carry, and to be capable of using firearms and I have a keen appreciation for all of that.

I love my loved ones. I just don't love carrying. It has nothing to do with my relative pessimism or optimism.

Neither is it worth becoming sad.
    limatunes and OD* like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links