I love carrying...

This is a discussion on I love carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Brass63 I don't know what I feel about all this... I live in NJ. NJ.........Get a rope J/K ; ) H/D...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: I love carrying...

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    I don't know what I feel about all this... I live in NJ.
    NJ.........Get a rope J/K ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    The greatest part to it is to have it and not need it, especially when you come back home at the end of the day with no incident. Some find carrying a gun uncomfortable but not me. Like Clint Smith said, it's supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Storm View Post
    The greatest part to it is to have it and not need it, especially when you come back home at the end of the day with no incident. Some find carrying a gun uncomfortable but not me. Like Clint Smith said, it's supposed to be comforting, not comfortable.
    After I got my M-Tac, I find it quite comfortable, actually. The only uncomfortable part is getting a dress shirt tucked into it... That often requires much swearing, but once I'm situated, it's pretty comfy.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    ...& Thunder? Just thought I'd share this too...

I like turtles.
    i-like-turtles-kid.jpg
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Sitting here waiting for family to show up for my daughters birthday party with my PM9 in my Silent Thunder, all is quiet and well... just a part of my life like putting on underwear, only it doesn't change every 5 days.
    I'm still hung up on the fact he only changes his underwear every 5 days...
    Thunder71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I agree with JohnWFD...lighten up!

I understand how Thunder71 feels. I'm not new to CCW, but I love my firearm(s)...I'm proud of my Glocks, just like I'm proud of a new chainsaw, or some other new tool.
    I'm glad that I have my firearm with me...I go about my business knowing that I have the ability to defend myself...I like that feeling.
    +1 on liking that feeling. As has been said in this thread before, the firearm is a tool that I pray that I'll never have to use, but I'm real glad that I have the right to carry one on the off chance that I may need it some day.

Someone here has this quote from Ronald Reagan in their signature: "To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will." Pretty much sums it up. The right to carry can prevent the perceived necessity to "go on feeding the crocodile..."

Unless you lock yourself up in your home, the law of averages says that eventually you will run into a BG or two. Heck even if you do lock yourself up in your home, you may end up face to face with one or more BG's in your time. If not, consider yourself to be especially blessed. If so, consider yourself to be especially blessed if you live in a state that allows you to effectively defend yourself. THAT's what I think the OP was referring to. Just MHO.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Thunder: Many comments, including one of my own, were very negative about your thread comments. Some repliers have suggested that your comments were misinterpreted and you have responded that that is the case; I apologize for my negative tone in my initial reply. Having said that, kindly reread your thread and understand that you have not exactly expressed yourself very well in your statements as you allude to a birthday party for a child and your joy of having a firearm on your person. You sure did get your share of comments--positive and negative. I always try to reread my comments carefully so that there is little misunderstanding of my thoughts and if someone points out an error or a misinterpretation, I try to make things right; it seemed to take you awhile to agree with someone who pointed out the difficult expression of your thoughts. Your initial thread left an awful lot for someone to read a positive tone in the comments. Again, I apologize and God Bless.

I've read my original post, many times, it was a thought that ran through my mind at that moment... nothing more, nothing less.

Never said I enjoyed carrying at a birthday party, just the ability to do so because none of us can predict when/where/if something bad will happen.

Some of you get my post, the others apparently just find the negative in anything and I feel sad for you. I would like to think a gun forum is at least one place where I wouldn't have to explain why I appreciate having the right to protect my loved ones, unfortunately that's not the case.

Never once did I ever remotely say I'd like to defend myself and shoot someone.

Good grief some of you are so beyond the glass is half empty line of thought it truly saddens me that you do not feel good to be ABLE carry legally and protect your love ones should you ever have to. If it doesn't make you feel good knowing you could save your wife, children, yourself, etc, then there is really something wrong with you. If carrying is such a burden on you I'm so glad we are not alike, I'm quite the opposite and appreciate the huge responsibility when I holster my firearm while knowing it may be the one thing that let's me see my loved ones another day.
    Don't sweat it, Thunder. Most of us know what you meant. As someone stated earlier: This is an open forum, and you will get a diversity of opinions on what you put out there. Just because someone disagrees with you or doesn't like the wording you chose doesn't make anyone right or wrong. Just means that you see things differently. And that's part of what makes this country great.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

Quote Originally Posted by majorwoo View Post
    Was wondering how long it would take for someone to comment on that.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorwoo View Post
    Hence your expression in your avatar!

(it is a classic!)
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I hope I never get as tired and burned out as some of you sound.
    I love handguns and love to carry them. Same with a fine pocket knife.
    Been carrying since 1999 and still enjoy it.
    Kudos to the OP....I understand where you are coming from.

Haha. I actually read through a good portion of the thread wondering why no one else had thought that before I posted mine :)

Man! This has been some interesting reading. Gosh, Thunder, bet you don't want to post here anymore.
    I understood what you meant the first time. Hang in there and keep posting. Even though it has been
    suggested that you read your post very well before you hit the button, some need to do the same when they give
    their opinions. It goes both ways.

Carrying doesn't really bother me in the least bit. It doesn't make me physically uncomfortable at all. Actually strapping on my Glock is a heck of a lot better then when I had to put on BDU's, boots,helmet, interceptor with SAPI's, heavy ruck sack that felt like I had a dead hooker curled up inside of it, ammo, mags, weapon, etc., etc. OP....continue to rock out on your front porch with your pm9. Let's just hope you don't have to pop any crackheads trying to steal the birthday cake. To everyone else..........God Bless America
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links