I love carrying...

I love carrying...

This is a discussion on I love carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just saying... such a great feeling. One of the best decisions I've made, as a husband and father of 3 I can't express how much ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: I love carrying...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

I love carrying...

Just saying... such a great feeling. One of the best decisions I've made, as a husband and father of 3 I can't express how much I appreciate the ability to do so.

Sitting here waiting for family to show up for my daughters birthday party with my PM9 in my Silent Thunder, all is quiet and well... just a part of my life like putting on underwear, only it doesn't change every 5 days.

Thanks founding fathers, thanks America, and thanks for those who stand up for our rights and support them.

It's another great day in Minnesota.

So easy to get caught up in what gun, what holster, what method of carry, tight groups, etc... just taking a drama free moment to really appreciate this great right that we have.

Now - Bring on the cake and ice cream!

I love carrying...
    You may find its appeal wanes a bit when the novelty wears off.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    You may find its appeal wanes a bit when the novelty wears off.
    You are so right. At this point its an old hat. Wake up, get dressed, strap on and go..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    After a few years I still feel a sense of honor, security and duty. I guess you could sum it up as feeling proud.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    After a few years I still feel a sense of honor, security and duty. I guess you could sum it up as feeling proud.
    Seriously? Honor, security and duty?!?!

Whoa... those are some mouthfuls. I don't see the love, honor, security or duty to carry in a civilian capacity. I certainly do not feel proud about it either.

Why would I feel proud about it? Proud that I can kill someone who's trying to harm me or my family? I find no pride in that. I find no real honor or duty or security or love in that either. A duty to protect my family? Sure. But a duty to carry? No. The firearm may be a tool used in my duty to protect but I do not feel the DUTY to carry.

In fact I can honestly say I do not like to carry. I carry because I understand my limitations and what a great equalizer it can be in the event I have to defend myself but it is a tool.

Like I would feel no love or pride to carry around a screw driver (which, I do, in the form of a multi-tool) I don't know why I should feel any differently about carrying around a gun.

To be honest, I kind of wonder about people who do have strong "happy" feelings regarding carrying a gun. I don't get it.

It's a Shame we MUST carry these days ; )
    H/D
    TN_Mike, BugDude, 640girl and 1 others like this.
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    What a bunch of Debbie Downers, it's a good feeling knowing there's a chance that if something should happen it won't be to someone I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    What a bunch of Debbie Downers, it's a good feeling knowing there's a chance that if something should happen it won't be to someone I love.
    Not Debbie Downers. Just folks with a more experience. You will be there some day.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Lighten up people...I think the original post was referring to the fact that he can now conceal carry in Minn. for the first time. Like the majority here...I do not find any "joy" in CC...... just the thankfulness that we still have a choice to defend ourselves and our loved ones...and pray that day never happens......
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington

It is a great feeling knowing you have the means and the power to protect your self. I was out all morning running errands, and i was carrying my full size 1911 in a crossbreed supertuck, it hides so well inside the waste band. I think the most amazing thing to me is that your walking around and past people and they have no clue at all that you have a gun. And yes, i am fairly new to concealed carry also.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    I recommend viewing some of nutnfancy's youtube vids as it relates to his opinion about the "Obligation of Carry" and "Concealed Carry Protocol", among his other "philisophical" vids. They properly adjusted my (and my wife's) pov, thinking and attitude about cc.

Although, the novelty of cc may wear off to a degree, I'm with Thunder when it comes to my heartfelt appreciation and gratitude for our freedoms and to those who continue to uphold, protect and fight for them. IMHO, this is STILL "the greatest country on God's green earth" (according to Michael Medved).
    lonewolf486 and Flasher like this.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post

.... In fact I can honestly say I do not like to carry. I carry because I understand my limitations and what a great equalizer it can be in the event I have to defend myself but it is a tool.

To be honest, I kind of wonder about people who do have strong "happy" feelings regarding carrying a gun. I don't get it.
    Well said!
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Well said!
    Funny you agree with the statement you did while having scripture verses taken out of context to somehow justify Biblically your views on concealed carry in your signature line. This is the very definition of hypocrite.

OP, I understand your statement. I know you don't "get off" on carrying, just glad you can and glad to be an American with that right. Carry on my friend. Pay no attention to the masses who must prove they have been carrying since dirt and that somehow makes them better. You'll find a lot of double talk and hypocrisy around here, just wade through it and keep going!
    Tn Mitch, Fisher10 and Aceoky like this.

An armed citizen could have saved so many lives on that island in Norway. It is not necessary that everyone carry, but it's good if some of us do.

I see it like lifesaving equipment, an "in case of emergency, break glass" kind of deal. I'm with Lima on this - it isn't a slap-happy "goodtimes!" thing to carry a firearm. And it's actually pretty sad that our society is so dangerous that arming yourself is a prudent measure, if you're up to it.

Yes, congrats to our friends in Minnesota who now have an essential right. Know your law and be safe.
    vn6869 likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I agree with JohnWFD...lighten up!

I understand how Thunder71 feels. I'm not new to CCW, but I love my firearm(s)...I'm proud of my Glocks, just like I'm proud of a new chainsaw, or some other new tool.
    I'm glad that I have my firearm with me...I go about my business knowing that I have the ability to defend myself...I like that feeling.

Heck... ‪I Like Guns - Steve Lee‬‏ - YouTube
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links