Mass ltc-a all lawful purposes (renewal)

This is a discussion on Mass ltc-a all lawful purposes (renewal) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well on Thursday the wife and I went down to Mass for our yearly renewal. He took our prints, and picture then we went over ...

Thread: Mass ltc-a all lawful purposes (renewal)

Well on Thursday the wife and I went down to Mass for our yearly renewal. He took our prints, and picture then we went over the application. When he got to the last question which is why do you want a permit, he turns to me and says "for the same reason you wrote last year?" My reply was yes. At the end of the process I asked the interviewer which was the same guy we had last year. Am I going to have to start writing letters again?? As some of you may know the wife and I had quite the letter writing party last year, because when we first got our Mass non resident permits their was a restriction of "sporting" on mine and for the wife she had a restriction of "hunting". So after four letters to the director of the firearms he lifted the restrictions.

so our trip do to mass went fine and now we just wait for the permits. If any of you also have a non-resident mass permit. The renewals are really backed up. I would send in the renewal paperwork 4 months before the expire date on the permit. Just to be safe.

spike
    NRA Life member:
    Maine Non Resident Permit
    New Hampshire Resident Permit
    Connecticut Non Resident Permit
    Utah Non Resident Permit
    Mass Non Resident Permit

You're a better person than me for going through all that. I visit MA about 4 times a year and can't bring myself to go make a special trip to get my non-resident permit that's only valid for one year.

Just wanted to comment how ridiculous some states are.

Yea, it's kinda silly!

I think that it is funny that you have to make a trip every year for renewal. They have my finger prints, picture, and reason for needing to carry (my wife is from RI, and a psychiatrist, deals with drug seekers, and violent patients). I have no restrictions, class A. We are moving to my home state of ND and needless to say, I won’t renew this one. They must think that a picture of me is going to change in a year and I am going to change my fingerprints. O well, there is a reason they call it "Taxachusitts", they want/need money due to their over spending! Take care and Good Luck to all that have to deal with this.
    If Guns kill people then all of mine are defective!
    My idea of gun control is using BOTH hands!

Permits in: ND (resident), CT, UT, FL, AZ & MN
    North Dakota Concealed Carry Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

Tokerblue.

I agree it is ridiculous, but I will play their game.
    NRA Life member:
    Utah Non Resident Permit
    Mass Non Resident Permit

Maine glock,

Yea I read your post on the Mass subject last year. Good luck with the move. I was raised in york county maine moved to New Hampshire two months ago.
    NRA Life member:
    Utah Non Resident Permit
    Mass Non Resident Permit

I wouldn't exactly call a 'yearly' renewal process funny. It sounds to me like just another way the liberals can hassle those who believe in RKBA.OMOYMV
    Sorry to hear of THAT requirement.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Since I lived most of my life in Mass I'm quite familiar with the harassment that the government of that state promotes in renewal of your carry license. They do everything they can to get you not to renew. Resident or non resident alike.

I admire your perseverance in renewing yearly. I can honestly say I wouldn't do it.

I have lived in Florida for 7 years now and am thankful every day that I moved here! We have a huge voter base in Florida and keep a watchful eye on our elected officials!
    Question Everything!

GreyGhost,

They really give the residents of the state the same treatment? Their is nothing that they can do? Is Mass really that dirty. My question is why is their no uniformed standards for the issueing bodies to follow? The states that are may issue states even have it written in there laws that a citizen can not sue the goverment for not providing a service, example police service, but may issue state on the other hand will not let its citizens or visitors protect themself from harm. This makes no sense to me. We the goverment are not going to protect you, but we are not going let you protect youself either. crazy!!!!!!!
    NRA Life member:
    Utah Non Resident Permit
    Mass Non Resident Permit

We lived in Messatwoshits for 24 years and after retiring we moved to Florida. What a difference.
    When living in Mass., just to get pepper spray, my wife and I had to get fingerprinted, photographed and had a background check.
    We’ve been here 7 years now and I just renewed my license.
    I’d never live in mass again . . . probably the most over regulated state. After we left we found out that in order for the town to take the trash to the dump, excuse me, transfer station, (that sounds better doesn’t it?), you had to purchase special bags.
    Mass sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Since I lived most of my life in Mass I'm quite familiar with the harassment that the government of that state promotes in renewal of your carry license. They do everything they can to get you not to renew. Resident or non resident alike.

I admire your perseverance in renewing yearly. I can honestly say I wouldn't do it.

I have lived in Florida for 7 years now and am thankful every day that I moved here! We have a huge voter base in Florida and keep a watchful eye on our elected officials!
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

Massholes at work again.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineGlock View Post
    O well, there is a reason they call it "Taxachusitts", they want/need money due to their over spending!
    I thought it was Massivetwosh*ts... Glad I left CT and never looked back.

Thanks Spike. I have to renew in Oct and I'm a little late sending it in this year. Sending it next week. I hope I can get it done by Oct. Every year since the in person requirement I have had my license lapse and got it a few weeks after it expired. My original license was Sept 2nd or so and now it is expiring in early Oct.

just a note. glad to see other bros with the sq &compass.
    God Bless our troops,Pass the ammo
    carry guns,g30,g39
    1911,colt defender 90 / .45
    OLD F##T W/ .45:
    my avater is part of the reason i feel the way i do.

yea, we were late sending it in too. the in person requirement is a bit of a pita. i mean they print you and take your picture. I don't understand what they think is going to change. Or is it just to keep someone employed?
    NRA Life member:
    Utah Non Resident Permit
    Mass Non Resident Permit

there is many fellow brothers that are members of this forum
    NRA Life member:
    Utah Non Resident Permit