Good! (And it seems that it was a .22!)

Good! (And it seems that it was a .22!)

This is a discussion on Good! (And it seems that it was a .22!) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Motel clerk kills robbery suspect trying to rape her, sheriff sa - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By southchatham
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Good! (And it seems that it was a .22!)

Sorry Retiredonce, must have been simultaenous!

Good job, she did great. It's sad that she has to work in such dangerous conditions to begin with but good for her for preparing to defend herself.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

mmmmm, a mousegun. I thought you were supposed to just throw it at them, don't they just get mad at you if you shoot them.
    adric22 likes this.

Even a rat will avoid mouseguns if possible.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

shot placement rules,she either showed a lotta restraint to have only fired one shot,or it could be the gun may have jammed after 1 shot,either way "Ding Dong the Perp is Dead"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If I'm not mistaken,didn't both the mafia and the mossad used .22's to assinate people?I use velocitors in mine and I know I wouldn't want to be shot with it.Of course I also use a 9mm as my edc too.But if thats all I had I would sure use it. sj

I'd love to know which model of .22 it was. There really aren't that many around these days in production, at least ones that would be useable for concealed carry. I can probably count them all on my fingers.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Who cares what gun she used. She used it, and didnt suffer at his hands. Good for her.
    Bkrazy likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Even though this p.o.s. was preparing to (zip) tie the clerk up before she smoked him, I'm wondering how they knew that he intended to rape her. (?)

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    If I'm not mistaken,didn't both the mafia and the mossad used .22's to assinate people?I use velocitors in mine and I know I wouldn't want to be shot with it.Of course I also use a 9mm as my edc too.But if thats all I had I would sure use it. sj
    As we have seen again, a .22 can be quite lethal. While I can't definitely say either way whether the Mossad or Mafia types have used .22s as a method of assassination (though I'm sure more than one gangster has done so), there is a pretty big difference between an assassin's tool used when you have the element of surprise to pop someone in the head and a pistol being used in a defensive situation. Someone who chooses to arm themselves against an unknown threat which can manifest itself in any number of ways, any time, and any place does not and should not have the same requirements as one who can choose all or most of the circumstances of an execution. Every job has its tool, and if you don't know what exactly you are dealing with it makes sense to hedge your bets.

Links