steyr m9 m40 vs glock 19 and 23 - Page 2

steyr m9 m40 vs glock 19 and 23

This is a discussion on steyr m9 m40 vs glock 19 and 23 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have no personal experience with the Steyr but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion. To me you would have to balance the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: steyr m9 m40 vs glock 19 and 23

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I have no personal experience with the Steyr but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion.

To me you would have to balance the supposed advantages of the Steyr against the availability of parts, both OEM and aftermarket for the Glock. Same thing goes with holsters. Sometimes being late to the market and not having a great marketing campaign means a great design doesn't get the traction that it should.

Jim

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    As it happens I own all four guns. An M9. and an M40 Styer, and a Glock 19, and a Glock 23.

The Glock is an OK gun. I carried one as a police officer. And currently as a security officer. Simple compact easy to maintain and service. If someone were to take a Glock improve, and perfect it... You would end up with the Styer. As I said I like the Glocks. But I like better the slim grip profile, and grip angle of the Styer. I also like the sights on the Styer. We call them predator sights... quick aqusition, and easy to put front sight on taget for close up work. Although Styer has discontinued the in the trigger safety... I do like it. Thats the reason I like the older model Styer's.

As I say... nothing wrong with Glocks... But Glock perfected is called Styer... In my opinion anyway.

Spuk!
    I thought Glock perfected was called M&P?
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I've had te M9 - only pistol I regret selling. Stipple the grip and I'd say its better feeling overall than a Glock 19. The original grip is just too smooth for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links