My MWG call

This is a discussion on My MWG call within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You could have given your hand gun to your wife, then it would have been.....wait for it....... OMG, it's a WOMAN with a gun! Just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My MWG call

You could have given your hand gun to your wife, then it would have been.....wait for it.......

OMG, it's a WOMAN with a gun!

Just kidding. Like others, people are just nutty when they see any firearm in the open and what's the big deal?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Still befuddles me how mentally neutered the bulk of the general public are. They have no sense of a gun just being a piece of metal and if you are sitting down to have pancakes you probably wont shoot up the place after your second cup o joe.
    It's the best way for nefarious types to get a free meal: OC - Dine - Dash or the slightly more complex OC - Dine - Shoot Everything All to Hell - Dash

Either way, it's a free meal.

Do I understand that you went from OC to CC once you saw the cops? Why?
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

ITC, I didn't know if the town had a local law.
    Sticks, Blue Knights
    Semper Fi

Canav, I had to skip The Dragon. We were not making the milage we wanted to. My wife was having trouble with the heat. Needed to be in VA Beach by a date. I have ridden it before and wanted to do it again.
    Semper Fi

I have to admit being unable to understand how a customer could be in such fear over seeing somebody with a holstered side-arm sitting in IHOP eating a meal. It makes no sense to me. Even though I live in a state that doesn't allow OC, if I saw somebody nonchalantly wearing a holstered weapon in IHOP, I would assume they were a cop either on or off duty. It would never even occur to me to call police. Now, if they were holding the gun in their hand, or acting oddly in some way, I guess I might take notice. But it just doesn't make sense if somebody is just sitting down eating a meal. I mean, if they had planned to come in and commit a robbery why would a person be wearing the gun openly and calmly eating their meal? People just don't think.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Has anyone EVER seen or heard of a thug wearing a gun in a holster - openly or concealed?

Seems to me that holster = "good guy."
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Administrator
    Yeah, I have. It doesnt happen often, but it does happen.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I have to admit being unable to understand how a customer could be in such fear over seeing somebody with a holstered side-arm sitting in IHOP eating a meal. It makes no sense to me. Even though I live in a state that doesn't allow OC, if I saw somebody nonchalantly wearing a holstered weapon in IHOP, I would assume they were a cop either on or off duty. It would never even occur to me to call police. Now, if they were holding the gun in their hand, or acting oddly in some way, I guess I might take notice. But it just doesn't make sense if somebody is just sitting down eating a meal. I mean, if they had planned to come in and commit a robbery why would a person be wearing the gun openly and calmly eating their meal? People just don't think.
    Did you ever think that there might be some folks out there who just want to bust your chops? Maybe they don't like guns and just want to give you some grief. They aren't afraid of you or your gun. They just don't like guns or people who carry them. They know if they report it, the police will investigate. If they just tell the manager and he reports it, nobody will even know their name. To people who have an agenda, you're just another person to mess with.

I live in a city where OC is a big no no. I would give a person OC'ing in Omaha a few looks and assess what kind of person they seem to be on the surface. But call the cops, no way, not unless they start doing something with that gun or acting inappropriately.

I am not accustomed to seeing OC so I would be keeping an eye on an OC'er, but that's it. Not afraid of them, just situational awareness.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Keep in mind, we are all gun nuts here. Of course we aren't scared by a holstered weapon. The average person may not even know that it is legal to open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    ...Sticks, Blue Knights
    Semper Fi
    Road Captain, Iron Eagles, ret.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    Keep in mind, we are all gun nuts here. Of course we aren't scared by a holstered weapon. The average person may not even know that it is legal to open carry.
    Also, most people who know nothing about guns believe it will jump out of the holster on it's own and just go off in random directions.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Nice encounter, I have never understood hoplophobes, they see an LEO open carrying and no problem but they see a law-abiding citizen open carrying and they go into a quivering panic.
    But the LEO has that shiny badge that makes everything they do so much better than anything we lesser citizens could ever do......
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links