LEO off duty ccw - Page 4

LEO off duty ccw

This is a discussion on LEO off duty ccw within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lpd226 Trust me thats also my stand on the situation. No one is getting my gun unless they have the same powers ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: LEO off duty ccw

Quote Originally Posted by lpd226 View Post
    Trust me thats also my stand on the situation. No one is getting my gun unless they have the same powers as I do. But i'm a little more interested in how someone would react if the security were to become somewhat forceful.
    Politely inform them that my CCW is in one pocket and my attorney's business card is in the other. If they place their hands on me they will likely find both, but like neither, when it is all over.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Ummm I think a few of you may have misunderstood my post. I'm not saying that one state or system is better or worse. I was just trying to share my experience on the topic. Off duty carry by police officers. Varies from state to state, and jurisdiction to jurisdiction. That was one point I was trying to make. The other is off duty carry by a Police Officer is very much different that CCW by non sworn citizens.

Thats all... Not trying to insult anyone. After all... There are theme parks in states other than Florida. I kind of figure if we all pool our knowledge we'd all be better informed. Again sorry if I offended anyone. Was not my intent.

I'm not offended by anything you said. Disney World may not allow or honor CC by off duty officers. It is what it is. Just have to remember to be careful with concealment.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

But we also do not have the authority to violate private property rights either. I'll just spend my money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmerritt View Post
    But we also do not have the authority to violate private property rights either. I'll just spend my money elsewhere.
    this is the correct answer

It really gets back to know the local law. As I said before LEOSA is not any time any place.
    Here in Texas I can not carry into Six Flags or Sea World. That is the law. However under LEOSA one of my former coworkers could come down for a visit and be legal to carry in the park. Unless the park has the Texas 30.06 signs posted. That would mean neither one of us could carry.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Just in case anyone wants to read up on LEOSA: Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't have much else to contribute here since I'm not a LEO, retired or otherwise, except to say this: If a private entity, such as Disney World, says they don't want me to cc on their property, I'll spend my money elsewhere. There's nothing to be gained by making a scene, IMHO.
    "How much self-defense is too much?"

A prudent one foresees the evil and hides himself, but the simple pass on and are punished. - Proverbs 22:3

I'm not a LEO...speaking only as a GA citizen...amusement parks' signs are no different than, say, an Applebee sign, meaning they carry no legal bearing. Some states have laws on the books about public gatherings, parks, etc...this is what GA says:

O.C.G.A. 16-11-126
    (g) Notwithstanding Code Sections 12-3-10, 27-3-1.1, 27-3-6, and 16-12-122 through 16-12-127, any person with a valid weapons carry license may carry a weapon in all parks, historic sites, or recreational areas, as such term is defined in Code Section 12-3-10, including all publicly owned buildings located in such parks, historic sites, and recreational areas, in wildlife management areas, and on public transportation; provided, however, that a person shall not carry a handgun into a place where it is prohibited by federal law.

Not saying I'd "tempt" the system....i ride too many roller coasters for that, but they don't have a legal right to physically touch you or your property. AFAIK, you're not trespassing UNTIL asked to leave.

”No Firearm” signs in Georgia have no force of law unless they are posted on property that is specifically mentioned in State Law as being off limits to those with a Permit/License to Carry. If you are in a place not specifically mentioned in the law that is posted and they ask you to leave, you must leave. If you refuse to leave then you are breaking the law and can be charged. Even if the property is not posted and you are asked to leave you must leave. Always be aware of the possibility that responding Police Officers who may have been called without your knowledge and may not know the laws on trespass etc. could arrest you even if you are within the law.
    "Sir, could you please not bleed so much? I have to clean the store after they haul you off and I'd like the rest of my shift, to be, like, you know, better."

Most security companies do not even want their own security personnel, and even to disarm them or any other person, it's a huge responsibility. Because it is not a problem to ask the credentials, the show ID and are doing, because in almost all cases is legal anywhere Leo simple things,..
    Choose the high quality Genuine leather wedges sandals will be fashion. If you care about yours feeet, you should choose true Purple leather High Heel Sandals and those really good.

Quote Originally Posted by luluxiu View Post
    Most security companies do not even want their own security personnel, and even to disarm them or any other person, it's a huge responsibility. Because it is not a problem to ask the credentials, the show ID and are doing, because in almost all cases is legal anywhere Leo simple things,..
    Am I the only one having trouble making sense of this post?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

...no, the rest of us have been working on it for over two years now...

OK just checking :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...no, the rest of us have been working on it for over two years now...
    I think we have all learned a few things since then too:)
    Aceoky likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

...'twas naught but a spammer, anyways...
    Aceoky likes this.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    I'm not LE but no one is going to get my weapon without one hell of a fight and if they get it it just might be bullets first, depending on the circumstances. If they don't want me to be armed on their premises all they have to do is ask me to leave and they'll never be graced with my presence again.

The exception to disarming is at the request of LE in the performance of their duty.

Jim

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links