CCDW Instructor Business Cards

This is a discussion on CCDW Instructor Business Cards within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i've been up for a while tinkering around with some designs for business cards to get my name out a bit more, I just ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: CCDW Instructor Business Cards

So i've been up for a while tinkering around with some designs for business cards to get my name out a bit more, I just wanted to get some input from you guys/gals. I'm not wanting to advertise in the sense that people will think that "hey come on down ill teach you how to shoot the **** out of someone, and teach some law to boot" but be a little more refined and professional. here is the current "from ground up" design. lemme know what you all think.

Front

Back
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

VIP Member
    Well first off nice design simple and effective.

I am asking this next part simply because I don't know. The wording "Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons" is that the wording that the state uses or yours?
    If it is the state wording great no problem, if it is yours consider the following.

If in a legal situation the words Deadly Weapons can be used against you in the following manner. You teach people to kill other people? No I teach them to protect themselves. But your card says you teach Carrying Concealed DEADLY WEAPONS so you teach people to kill other people not defend themselves.
    And so on and so on.
    Wording can be a very picky situation in civil trial. It could be interpreted or used to sway a jury you teach only the act of killing since the only thing you teach with are Deadly Weapons. It may seem trivial to some but you would be surprised what comes out in trial.
    Again if this is the state wording don't worry about it the cards look great.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Thanks for the reply. It is state wording from the seal at the Dept. Of Criminal Justice Training Center
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Had I known there was a KY CCDW instructor here on DC I might have looked into it! As it stands now though I already signed up for and paid for the class somewhere else for $10 more.

I wouldn't put my fee on the card, save that for the brochure......You don't want to have to pitch all your cards if your fee changes.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    I wouldn't put my fee on the card, save that for the brochure......You don't want to have to pitch all your cards if your fee changes.
    Agreed, the fee should be the last piece of info you volunteer. Cool design, I am digging the quote on the back. Does anyone have those little cards you hand out to businesses that put those lame signs in the window? The ones they say somethning like a CC holder has been checked and is free from felonies, mental defects, etc. What do you know about your other customers.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Agreed, the fee should be the last piece of info you volunteer. Cool design, I am digging the quote on the back. Does anyone have those little cards you hand out to businesses that put those lame signs in the window? The ones they say somethning like a CC holder has been checked and is free from felonies, mental defects, etc. What do you know about your other customers.
    Funny you should ask. I just made these a couple of days ago after someone else posted an example.

babarock likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I would recommend not putting the price of the class on the card. If you ever change it or decide to do a discount, etc, you'll find yourself frustrated that you'll have a ton of cards that are no longer relevant. I like the card and it's simplicity though. Much better than the jam packed ones.

Just having your name, phone number, wedsite (if you have one), or other means of contact (Facebook, etc) should be enough. You could list the names of the classes available but I'd keep the price off.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    Funny you should ask. I just made these a couple of days ago after someone else posted an example.

I can't see it. I want to make some.
    • We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Kentucky's flag color is a deep blue, with gold and green art. You might try that.

Unless you are printing these yourself, which I never recommend (even if your printer can handle really heavy card stock) two color is going to be more expensive.

If you print the gold on black (or the dark blue), it will take more than offset printing to have the color stand out as much as it does in your on screen mock-up. And, if you use an "engraved" printing method (raised letters) you will lose the detail in the pistols.

Keep the fee off the card.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Tyler11B,

Good luck on your endeavor!

Instead of just Instructor, I'd suggest putting in Certified Instructor or Ky State Certified Instructor or Ky DOJ Certified Instructor etc. If you have been issued a state certificate with an official number I would add that number to the card.

Otherwise, looks good!
    Justified likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    I can't see it. I want to make some.
    The scan of the card isn't very clear. The actual card is quite readable. This is the post that I took it from. That should give you the wording you are looking for.

The RIGHT sign if a business is uncomfortable for guns

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    The scan of the card isn't very clear. The actual card is quite readable. This is the post that I took it from. That should give you the wording you are looking for.

The RIGHT sign if a business is uncomfortable for guns
    It isn't that it was unclear, the pic came up as a red x. But that link has exactly what I remember seeing in my CCW class that is what I was looking for, good find.
    - George Orwell Military

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Very nice card.

I like it the coloring is nice but just looking at it looks exspensive.

I agree on the price not being on there as well.

I have a question though the pistols on the top corners if someone see's it quickly will they understand its selling guns or your teaching SD?
    some of the cars I have that sell guns have a rifle or pistol on there so you know what your looking to buy a few of the CC ones I have seen dont show a pistol.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links