Carrying While Wearing A Suit

This is a discussion on Carrying While Wearing A Suit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Men's Wearhouse is very gun friendly. You can go there with your gun and get measured with it on. they can add or move belt ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Carrying While Wearing A Suit

Men's Wearhouse is very gun friendly. You can go there with your gun and get measured with it on. they can add or move belt loops, add extra lining in the jacket and pants to protect them from getting shredded by rubbing against your gun. They do this work all the time and they are good at it. I wear my primary (Colt LWT Commander) OWB on a dress belt with an kydex insert by Looper Leather.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    What about a shoulder holster? Or get a belly band and use that.
    Belly band with snubby J-frame or single-stack semi-automatic pistol high up on chest under left armpit, leave 2nd and third shirt buttons of dress shirt unbuttoned behind tie, tie solidly secured to dress shirt with a tie-pin or tie-tac down below the 3rd button. Suit jacket over all that. Reach through shirt front to access gun. Alternatively just leave shirt buttons buttoned and tear them off as you vigorously reach for the gun.

Corrosion-proof handgun recommended.

Hold your elbows close to your sides and your arms low when someone approaches you to hug you.
    Last edited by marcclarke; November 20th, 2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Fix spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by PM View Post
    My "problem" is i get hot (or at least did before losing 107 lbs. Have not wore a suit much in the last 2 years) so I want to be able to take the coat off. The only time I have wore a suit in the last 2 years I chose not to carry. Most of the time and if I find I am not as "hot blooded" as I was I would carry in a highnoon at 3:00-3:30.
    Wear a dark colored dress shirt with lighter colored stripes (e.g. dark blue with white pin stripes) to break up the "printing" of the dark-colored handgun beneath the dress shirt.

The easy solution is side pants pocket carry. I like FIST pocket holster in kydex for airweight Smith Jframe. You could carry one in each side pocket, as you have coat pockets for keys, etc. Could carry some speed loaders or speed strips in coat pocket for revolvers or loaded mags for semi auto.

And you can take your coat off and still be concealed. How much firepower do you need?

I carry the same with a suit as I do in casual clothes, OWB strongside at 4 O'Clock.
    boscobeans likes this.

Outlaw Guns and Only Outlaws Will Have Guns !!

Suits present an opportunity for me.

OWB pf-9, crossdraw sp101, and a derringer in the front pocket.

I love to wear a sport coat, and wear suits sometimes. I carry at the 3:30 position the way I always do. I just don't remove my jacket. No big deal up here in MN as the heat and humidity aren't bad.

used to carry in small of the back when wearing a suit coat.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links