Defensive Carry banner

1st Traffic Stop with CCW

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ArkhmAsylm 
#1 ·
I was stopped at a DWI road check. As I approached, I turned on my interior light and located my DL. I keep my proof of insurance and registration handy and pulled those out too. As I slowly approached the LEO I kept both hands on the wheel in sight. Once stopped I simply stated I was required to let him him know I have a CCW and am carrying. I asked how he would like to proceed. The LEO simply said just hand me your DL. I asked if he needed registration/proof of insurance. He said no but he wanted to check my tags. He walked to the rear of my vehicle and back around. The officer gave my DL back and said have a good evening. I told him to stay safe and have a good night.

No hassle. Low stress. Very professional.

#9 ·
-
Sounds good, except for the check point. I can't say I agree with them as it would be the same as stopping you while you walk around town to I.D. you without RAS. This is just my opinion & doesn't require an argument.

Reactions: ksholder
#10 ·
If I have nothing to fear and all the leo's around here are just checking for know criminals and bums driveing when they should not or some one hauling drugs. There not profileing. I have nothing to fear over that. They don't even walk to there cars to check your info or anything. Just look to see if tag is good and you have a liecence. I would rather have some of the rif-raf off the roads and these stops work good for that . I watch them run a check point behind my house from time to time and get to see some hauled off to jail, get to watch a druck stagger around, some just have to wait to be picked up by friends or family and some turn around to flee and the chase is on. If no BG's were on the road there would be no reason to check. Kinda like at the airports today only way easier and no x-rays

#11 ·
If I have nothing to fear and all the leo's around here are just checking for know criminals and bums driveing when they should not or some one hauling drugs. There not profileing. I have nothing to fear over that. They don't even walk to there cars to check your info or anything. Just look to see if tag is good and you have a liecence. I would rather have some of the rif-raf off the roads and these stops work good for that . I watch them run a check point behind my house from time to time and get to see some hauled off to jail, get to watch a druck stagger around, some just have to wait to be picked up by friends or family and some turn around to flee and the chase is on. If no BG's were on the road there would be no reason to check. Kinda like at the airports today only way easier and no x-rays
It's apt that you use the airport x-ray comparison - how easy it is to travel by air now? Is it really any safer? The TSA is basically given an open license to do whatever they deem necessary to ensure security...all while not actually making things safer. They're just spilling people's urine on them & groping kids because they don't want to profile, but still have a job to do.

Translate that to the real world - rights start dissappearing because "it'll make us all safer" with no actual change in the level of safety. All we get out of it are reduced freedoms & the placebo of things being safer just because...because they stopped someone on their way to work? How far can we shave the 14th amendment before it becomes meaningless?

That's the jist of my original comment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.