Another poll they'll try to use against us in Legislative Seessions

This is a discussion on Another poll they'll try to use against us in Legislative Seessions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MikeNice Thanks for the post. I heard it on 101 and forget the name of the group. So you listen to Alan ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Another poll they'll try to use against us in Legislative Seessions

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice View Post
    Thanks for the post. I heard it on 101 and forget the name of the group.
    So you listen to Alan Handelman too! If there is one thing that can be said about him, it is that his mantra is to gather information from all sides of an issue and make your own, informed, decision. Personally, I like him as well as Brad & Britt but I don't listen to their other programs too much. It looks like the number of signatures they have collected has gone up by about 10K since they were on the program.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slafav View Post
    I still don't understand the "alcohol + hormones + guns" argument. Do people honestly think that college students all show up to class drunk and beating each other up? Been in college for 4 years and have yet to see this happen.
    Clearly they are not thinking and just reacting to their own base visions of a frat party with beer kegs and thinking of throwing guns into the mix. They also think of students as being a rowdy immature bunch, of which many of them are. When I was in school, we lived just off of campus, across from a party dorm. It was scary at times. What they are not thinking of and what the poll clearly doesn't communicate is the concept of allowing carry licensed individuals to have their guns with them while on campus. While I can see the benefits of allowing students to have them in the dorms, I can also see where given both the the lack of space and the lack of privacy that some idiot would undoubtedly find them and use them in the wrong way.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Already voted! The poll is 58% NO vs 42% YES. Place your vote ASAP!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    It seems that the site is not configured to dis-allow multiple votes from the same I.P. on different dates. I'm voting again...
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    So you listen to Alan Handelman too! If there is one thing that can be said about him, it is that his mantra is to gather information from all sides of an issue and make your own, informed, decision. Personally, I like him as well as Brad & Britt but I don't listen to their other programs too much. It looks like the number of signatures they have collected has gone up by about 10K since they were on the program.
    I usually listen to him on the way to work in the evening. I remember staying up to listen to him on Sunday nights when I was still in high school. It seems kind of weird hearing him in the afternoon now.

He has always been the most fair talk radio host in my opinion. The guy will let you say your piece as long as you remain calm, respectful, intelligent, and articulate. The only time I ever turned his show off was when he covered concealed carry in bars. It seemed like he was kind of fueling the "why do they want to drink and carry guns" paranoia. Otherwise he gets nothing but respect.

Map is looking alot nicer now, a lot more blue. 43 yes 57 no. keep em coming!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links