So,When Will This Happen In Texas?

This is a discussion on So,When Will This Happen In Texas? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Farron Wolf beat me to it. I was copying the Penal Code and then I saw your post. That is correct as far as I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: So,When Will This Happen In Texas?

Farron Wolf beat me to it. I was copying the Penal Code and then I saw your post. That is correct as far as I am concerned. Even a good size lump could be a cell phone. Could be a leatherman. And if some sheep calls the police and I get questioned I can clearly show that it was not my intention to print or alarm anyone.

I just wear good concealable clothes and don't worry about it. If my gun shows itself (God forbid) for one second I don't sweat. I dress and carry myself in such a way the easily conveys to anyone that I am confident and generally nice guy. I walk around with a smile and say hello to people that make eye contact. If someone watches me for 2 seconds they *should* be able to tell I am not a menace.

I would say if someone gets the police called on them for an MWAG, what happens next is about 90% based on the gun toters attitude. I could be off base with this. But I feel like if I am respectful and show it was not intentional, show that I have clothes on that conceal well and make sure to convey that I never wanted to cause any uproar, *most* officers will use their heads and realize they have more important things to do than me. Just sayin.

2. Remove Ads

For me here in Fort Worth, I wear all the time, I wear a slightly larger shirt, with a crossbreed super tuck, to carry my Sigma 40. I do not tuck in my shirt. Plus having a larger shirt will definitely make printing, and exposure less likely.
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can NOT be taken away unless it is surrendered.

This is why I love Kentucky...they cut through the BS a long time ago. I wish you guys the best in Texas. I do love the BBQ and LaRue rifles though!
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links