So,When Will This Happen In Texas?

This is a discussion on So,When Will This Happen In Texas? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When is a gun concealed? | StAugustine.com This would be nice.I am weary of 'printing' concerns...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: So,When Will This Happen In Texas?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

When is a gun concealed? | StAugustine.com

This would be nice.I am weary of 'printing' concerns
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post

I didn't see anything in that article that we don't already have in Texas. In fact, it looks like they brought their laws more into line with ours.

The way I read this,there is a more defined line between printing and exposing a gun to alarm another person.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    They're moving in the direction of common sense. Still needs tweaking, though.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    They're moving in the direction of common sense. Still needs tweaking, though.
    Yes.It reminds me of the old laws regarding 'traveling' with a gun in your car without a CHL.There was too much of a grey area.I see the same thing in Texas so far as printing is concerned.If I carry OWB,with a good cover shirt,I do not want to be concerned about a 'lump' under my shirt alarming some ninny.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    They're moving in the direction of common sense.
    I'm sure it was just a momentary lapse...common sense has no place in our legal system.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Texas has no laws concerning printing,either your gun is covered or it isn't,as far as the wardrobe failure wher shirt may ride up etc. you are attempting to conceal,and therefore within the law.
    I kinda wish they would pass an OC law just to take any doubt away
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

And if it isn't intentionally uncovered, no law has been broken. There is no change in the law that will prevent people from reacting to unintentional exposure with a MWAG call.

Yep, sounds like FL is getting to where Texas has been all along. Good for them.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post

the article was written by a know nothing moron relying on another extremely ill informed moron's article in a miami fl newspaper.
    see the comments where I skewered her.

FWIW there is very limited open carry allowed in FLA. You can OC while fishing, hunting or camping or while en route to such activities also you can OC while en route to a shooting range and while on the range. That's it. The new law just makes inadvertent exposure into a non chargeable incident, in the past you could have been charged. that's it nothing else has changed because the full OC law was defeated.

The only thing I found in the Texas handbook was this - (8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;- Of course,what this means is all a matter of opinion.I suppose it would be up to the cop whether a buldge on your side alarmed anyone.I wish the law read,you may carry concealed,open,in a cardboard box,around your neck,etc.I guess what we have is as good as it will get.

Where did you look in the Texas handbook.

This is the relavant section which duk, refered to earlier. Notice the word "intentionally".

PC 46.035. UNLAWFUL CARRYING OF HANDGUN BY LICENSE
    HOLDER. (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license
    holder carries a handgun on or about the license holder's person
    under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,
    and intentionally fails to conceal the handgun.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

And yet there is always a decenting view by a politician who knows what is right for his area of the state.

Vice Mayor of Miami Gardens Aaron Campbell said, "This probably passed because of someone from the NRA, someone who doesn't care about urban conditions."
    "It's sad a piece of legislation can be passed like this," Campbell said.

No you jerk it passed because it makes sense and is what is right for the people of the State of Florida.

OS
    Stubborn likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    And yet there is always a decenting view by a politician who knows what is right for his area of the state.

Vice Mayor of Miami Gardens Aaron Campbell said, "This probably passed because of someone from the NRA, someone who doesn't care about urban conditions."
    "It's sad a piece of legislation can be passed like this," Campbell said.

No you jerk it passed because it makes sense and is what is right for the people of the State of Florida.

OS
    AMEN! "Old School". We are glad the bill passed and was signed into law, removing prosecution for an "inadvertant display". But the sad turth is, that this bill started out as an open carry provision. It appears that the "Vice Mayor" of Miami Gardens is cut from the same cloth as Pinellas County Sheriff Jim Coates.
    ‪FL Sheriffs Association - Officers will Draw Down on Lawful Open Carriers‬‏ - YouTube
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links