Ohio CCW Class

Ohio CCW Class

This is a discussion on Ohio CCW Class within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Me, my dad and two buddies of mine are going to take our CCW class this month. I think we're going to one of these ...

Thread: Ohio CCW Class

Ohio CCW Class

Me, my dad and two buddies of mine are going to take our CCW class this month. I think we're going to one of these two:

Classes

Classes

Looking at their own descriptions, which of these would you guys choose?

I have not familiar with either, It does look like DaytonCCW.com provides ammo
    Can you references?
    I carry a gun to protect myself & the people I love from the Monsters that roam this earth.

I'm not familiar with those two.

Before choosing, I'd ask:

1. How many students per class?

2. How many Instructors per class?

If you haven't done so already, I'd also suggest looking at the Forums of Buckeye Firearms Association
    and Ohioans for Concealed Carry and maybe asking for input there.

Good Luck!

I saw the ammuntion thing too and called, but he said the ammo they supply is generally for the guns they have on hand IF you need it.

I just registered over there, so hopefully someone will have taken a class at them.

This is where I went:

Commence FireArms Training Academy Home Page

excellent job, knocked it out in one very long Saturday
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

I really like the description for DB, they're the same price & provide lunch, but I haven't been to get ahold of him or return my calls & it's been a couple days.

DaytonCCW on the other hand picked up right away & said they'd be happy to have us. I may just schedule with them.

Administrator
    DaytonCCW seems to be a little more well organized. But I'm always leery when the cite their "NRA certification" as their main qualification.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    I am a Certified Instructor and have been around a few different Classes and Instructors. I would check with the Sheriff Department about a Classes Reputation. I then would get opinions from past Students. I think the main thing is Range time, do they spend enough time with you so you know your fire arm. From how to clean it to how to shoot it and handle it with confidence. I all so think the Law part of the Cass is very important. How to carry ware to carry, what to do if stopped by Police, what to do if you are involved in a confrontation weather you just had to present a weapon or use it. I could go on but, don't just grab the cheapest class you can find. The LAST THING you want to do is shoot some one. You are going to have to prove you had no other choice,there was no escape or retreat, you were in fear of your life. It has been said Even if you win, You loose. The above is my opinion. You don't know me. Just give it some thought.

I am posting the link to the organization my wife and I took our CHL class from: Western Ohio Personal Safety/Firearm Training Group. Unfortunately they don't appear to be giving a class until October. However, I have taken two advanced pistol classes from them after the concealed carry class, and I highly recommed them. They have an excellant teacher to student ratio so you get a lot of individual attention. In the CHL class, we spent a lot of time on the law and a lot of range time. And, as you can see at their website, they are endorsed by the Clark County Sherifff.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    I'm not familiar with those two.

Before choosing, I'd ask:

1. How many students per class?

2. How many Instructors per class?

If you haven't done so already, I'd also suggest looking at the Forums of Buckeye Firearms Association
    and Ohioans for Concealed Carry and maybe asking for input there.

Good Luck!
    Great advice. Sound's like you're in the Dayton area. My girlfriend is in the same area and needs to find a class as her Indiana is no good in Ohio. There is lots of great Ohio-specific info at these two communities.

Quote Originally Posted by danoam View Post
    Great advice. Sound's like you're in the Dayton area. My girlfriend is in the same area and needs to find a class as her Indiana is no good in Ohio. There is lots of great Ohio-specific info at these two communities.
    That's one of the reasons this forum is so good.
    We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us.
    - George Orwell Military

Links