Do you carry ALL the time?

This is a discussion on Do you carry ALL the time? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently have pants on, I have holstered pistol. If no pants then pistol with in reach or in safe. Simple rule of thumb, if ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do you carry ALL the time?

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I currently have pants on, I have holstered pistol. If no pants then pistol with in reach or in safe.
    Simple rule of thumb, if I have pants on I have my pistol.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

2. Remove Ads

I carry as much as I legally can. I try to avoid the places in WA that it is prohibited to carry, but I am not always able to.

Not going to turn this into a discussion about places I think people should be allowed to carry but the law prohibits.

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    I come from a small town (Mayberry like) where violence really isn't ever seen, in fact in my lifetime I can't recall a single incident of random violence. At any rate, do you carry EVERY chance you can or just when going into larger cities or where the risk is slightly higher?

By the way, thank you to everyone answering my noobie questions...WI just getting CCW means I need to pick the brains of all of youwith more experience carrying.
    Yes, I carry all the time. From the time I get up until the time I go to bed. Packing as I type this actually. It's been on me all day and I don't really even think about it. (good advertisement for CBST I guess)

Just remember, no matter where you live, your area is NEVER excluded from random.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

15x7 I'm wearing it on my hip. The other three hours I'm awake, it's within arms reach.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Except when at work (not allowed at work or on property), l am armed. Once I arrive home, I'm always armed!
    I have applied for the 'local area' Schedule of Dirtbag Events from the local PD...still waiting for the schedule!

Stay armed...any time, any place...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It's just part of my normal attire. Small town or not, it's just impossible to know when and where something could go wrong, with the presence of a firearm at least you have options.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

would you drive a car without a spare tire?

I live in a gated community in a "good" upscale area however there is sketchy area a few miles away and a typical urban area less than 20 miles away, bad guys have cars and are mobile, so to answer the question, yes I carry almost all the time

VIP Member
    When I first started carrying I lived in a small town. I still carried whenever possible. Now that I live in a larger city I wouldn't think of leaving the house without one of my guns on me. Remember, crime knows no boundaries. It can happen to you anytime or anywhere.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    The little town that I live in used to be like Mayberry... In fact it's still just as backward, except now it is infiltrated with every sort of dirtbag that will knife you for a quarter.

'Cutting the grass, taking the garbage out, checking the mail. If I present myself to the public, I'm armed.

I grew up in a small town too - we never even locked our doors. That is, until someone walked into our house and tried to rob us at gunpoint (before I had my CWP).

Don't let the fact that you live in a small town give you a false sense of security.

I don't feel completely dressed till I've strapped on my piece. If you make it part of your everyday routine it will be easier to perform if it's ever necessary. I always carry even at home. I hear of too many storys with mutiple attackers to feel comfortable not carrying.

Cool

Absolutely.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I will add to the list of all those who say Yes, I did not see anyone who said other wise. Go figure!

I live rural area the closest town being a Pop of 600, very little to no crime. We have a Convenient Store and a Bank Branch which are crime magnets and is there any place without drugs and those who use them. With that said my use of a gun will be more likely for the 4 legged than the 2 legged, the way I see it. Still except for the time I'm on the USPS clock I'm armed. I try to carry the same way all the time making it habit as to where the gun will be if and when I need to draw.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Florida Sibling Fugatives....

You only need to read this story, see link to know the answer to your question. It's about the 3 teen agers running loose on their Bonnie & Clyde spree. Where were they yesterday, where will they be today or tomorrow? Are you ready to meet them?

Always be ready!
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    I come from a small town (Mayberry like) where violence really isn't ever seen, in fact in my lifetime I can't recall a single incident of random violence. At any rate, do you carry EVERY chance you can or just when going into larger cities or where the risk is slightly higher?

By the way, thank you to everyone answering my noobie questions...WI just getting CCW means I need to pick the brains of all of youwith more experience carrying.
    You are such a newbie, that you spelled newbie wrong. :)

Yeah, carry all the time except when sleeping, showering, and swimming.

Consider it a habit you want to make, like carrying your cell phone - (remember up until a few years ago we didn't have cell phones so it had to become a habit)

Also, on the 'small town, no violence' thing, I get the impression that the bad guys are now looking for 'soft targets' and that's a small town. Not every use of a HandGun (HG) is for people. Small towns have rabid dogs, and dog packs, you know.

In fact, if you can, get your significant other to carry and train together at the range and learn some teamwork. That's MORE than twice as effective as one person carrying. You can cover an support each other that way.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links