Do you carry ALL the time? - Page 5

Do you carry ALL the time?

This is a discussion on Do you carry ALL the time? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry...PERIOD...I encourage you to get some professional training from a REPUTABLE instructor/school. Then build upon that training each day you carry, each day you ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do you carry ALL the time?

I carry...PERIOD...I encourage you to get some professional training from a REPUTABLE instructor/school. Then build upon that training each day you carry, each day you practice, each day you read, each day you prepare for the worst and pray for the best!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by canav844 View Post
    vigilance really is the price of freedom.
    So true!
    2 Chr 7:14

I look at it like a seat belt in the car. I wear it whether I am going around the block or across the country. I am a firm believer that trouble will generally be confined to certain zip codes but it sometimes trouble does travel to other neighborhoods.

If it's legally possible i do. You cant take a firearm onto post anymore, even with a permit so i cant always carry when i know i have to go on base. But other than that i carry and dont go where i can't ( carry).

I can assure you, in that extremely rare and desperate moment, when what you need is a gun... there is no substitute!

I live in a small rural town, but grew up and worked in a lot of other places. I don't go anywhere without being armed.

As HotGuns correctly pointed out:

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If you saw what Cops see in little towns, you wouldn't leave the house without your gun.

Trust me.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Odds are you and I will never need it and will pass our lives in peace. I figure my kids will eventually inherit a big box of holsters and belts and a bunch of boxes of ammo and a safe full of guns that I never needed to use. Somewhere here there's a poll running that asks if anyone has used their CCW, and the numbers are far slanted towards "no".

But I still carry everywhere I can. Like medical and fire emergencies, emergencies where you need a gun are not scheduled in advance.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

I carry all of the time (except in the shower!!).

I too live in a very small town, but if you need it and do not have it...

BTW, I hope and pray that I will NEVER need it!!!

Bill
    --- Sig 245, P6, 224
    --- Kahr PM9

I carry all the time even though I live in a rural area that is safe, and has little crime, and nearly every household has a gun.

However, criminals don't respect anything. We had a few robberies last year by an organized group from another city. They did get caught, but still, houses were broken into.

Then, there are dogs, skunks, coyotes, foxes, and other pests that have bothered my animals.

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    I come from a small town (Mayberry like) where violence really isn't ever seen, in fact in my lifetime I can't recall a single incident of random violence. At any rate, do you carry EVERY chance you can or just when going into larger cities or where the risk is slightly higher?

By the way, thank you to everyone answering my noobie questions...WI just getting CCW means I need to pick the brains of all of youwith more experience carrying.
    I am from a town just like what you describe and we currently live in a town in Indiana exactly like what you talk about. That being said, yes, I do carry all the time. I would like to not carry at home or when I am out and about in our small safe little town but, I am not clairvoyant and I do not know when the sharp claws of violent crime may reach out and strike at my town or my family. So, I decided a long time ago to be ready for that to happen all the time if at all possible.
    canav844 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If I'm up, I'm armed.

(except for showers and sleeping, but even then my firearm is always within reach)
    3rdGen.Glock19.TaloEdition
    Glock.Factory.NS
    Remora.#10.RFT.SS
    16.GDJHP.124g.+P
    24/7

If you are going to carry, carry all the time. Get in the habit and train using the gun and rig you are going to be carrying. Figuring out what gun you have, whether or not it is in condition one, and where on your body it is should be a reactionary thing. You should not have to think about it when your ability is greatly reduced by the amount of adrenaline pumping through your body.Anything less than all the time may cause you to be more of a danger to yourself than just to carry when you feel like it.
    45Gunner
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Gold Seal CFI
    1st Air Cav Vietnam Veteran

Always!!!!!

South of Ol' Tascosa, two miles from water, twenty miles from Hell
    After almost 34 years in LE, I never leave home without it.

I believe in what that Great Alabama Philosopher Mrs. Gump said, "Stupid is as Stupid does."

Jungle Work
    Graduate: University of South Vietnam-
    School of Jungle Warfare

CURRAHEE My Brothers In Blood

would you drive anywhere without a spare tire? same concept, you'll probably never need to use it but if you do have to use it you'll be glad you had it available to use

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Apparently you still don't read my caveats, and I stand by by statement that "bad guys" looking to violently assault someone they don't know (for whatever purpose) don't make it a habit to go to "nice" areas". I don't for a minute assume I am "safe". I know better.

Anecdotes notwithstanding.....
    RAIDSOnline.com tends to support that (at least in the area that I live in). The vast majority of crime takes place in the poorer neighborhoods and the areas that are not so nice. That's probably why people who can afford to move out of those neighborhoods do so. It just makes sense. As people move from these neighborhoods it leaves the victims who can't afford to move and their predators who take advantage of the situation.

But crime also happens in the better areas of town, not as frequently, but it happens. Where the crime happens, there is a little dot on the map. It may be a dot off alone by itself or it may be surrounded by a lot of other dots, but if you're that dot...it doesn't really matter. You say "Anecdotes notwithstanding..."

Respectfully, I don't want to be an "anecdote" or an exception to the rule..so I carry.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links