Do you carry ALL the time? - Page 6

Do you carry ALL the time?

This is a discussion on Do you carry ALL the time? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was born and grew up in a larger, upstate NY city. When I got married I moved into a low crime, very small town ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do you carry ALL the time?

I was born and grew up in a larger, upstate NY city. When I got married I moved into a low crime, very small town in another county. I got into a job where I was a two way radio technician. I had to go out into "bad" areas, and night call-outs. The rural county I lived in and the fact I did the sheriffs radios made the permit easier to get.
    At first, I carried when going into those areas and at night. Then, I was "mugged" at night in downtown near the cop shop. My PPk probably save my *ss, that night. ( No shooting him was not necessary) Then, I carried more and mostly all the time.
    I either pocket or IWB carry. ( I am a smaller guy, 5-7 and concealibility is paramount)
    Here in Florida there is crime even in the small towns. Sign of the times.
    I now have a 9MM in a car safe, and carry a 642 or Colt Mustang when out.
    Yesterday we went to a new Chineese buffet, 3 blocks from the house. My Mustang was IWB.
    And, we live in a very good area.
    To summarize, the crazies don't confine themselves to "bad" areas in big cities.
    Once you get confortable with CC, you will not feel dressed w/o it.

Took a trip to farmland Nebraska last month. Since I flew and did not want to check bags, I left the guns home.
    Felt naked w/o the gun. And, the town we went to was very low crime, college (and farming) town.
    I wonder if WI will be reciprical with FL and the other 38 state in the group?

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    If you saw what Cops see in little towns, you wouldn't leave the house without your gun.

Trust me.
    Mayberry really only ever existed for Andy, Opie and Aunt Bea on TV. Not even my small Colorado town is without it's drug crime and just plain dangerous, violent criminals. Never has been. I carry when I leave the house day or night.

I lived in mayberry type town and while not too much ever happens there, crime still does happen there and regardless of perceived safety you always should be prepared.

I carry everyday. I figure I went through the process of paying for a ccw class and a background check so I should take advantage of my second amendment right. By the way,wasn't there a recent case out there in Wisconsin where a group of teens targeted innocent people at some state fair and just randomly mugged them? The media called it a "flash mob" violent attack. Even if you live in a "small and safe" town, you never know when trouble will FIND YOU.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Sig P238/Sig 1911 Ultra/Beretta PX4 Storm/Kimber Ultra Carry II

Yeah that did happen in Milwaukee...going to State Fair, Summer Fest, Fireworks, etc in Milwaukee I will ALWAYS be carrying for just that reason. No body was armed but there was a large group of people going around causing violence to random people so the disparity of force may or may not have made that a justified situation to fire depending on what jury you get.
    Psalm 23
    In God I trust, it's the rest of you I'm concerned about

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P pistol and MP15 rifle armorer

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links