Smaller Gun

This is a discussion on Smaller Gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by shockwave The LC9 is comfortable, easy to carry, and rock-solid reliable. The trigger is excellent once you remove the magazine disconnect safety. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Smaller Gun

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post

The LC9 is comfortable, easy to carry, and rock-solid reliable. The trigger is excellent once you remove the magazine disconnect safety.
    How do you remove the magazine disconnect safety?

2. Remove Ads

I have tried Glocks and they don't fit my hand, so I went with the M&P 9c. Now I have an LC9 as well. I shoot the LC9 very well, but the trigger takes some getting used to.

I understand that the new Gen4 Glocks have removeable back straps for people with smaller hands. If they had that option two years ago, I would probably be a Glock shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhawk View Post
    How do you remove the magazine disconnect safety?
    Azchevy posted a how to a few months ago:
    Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Azchevy posted a how to a few months ago:
    Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Removal
    That's the one I followed. It is doable.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

I"m going in the other direction, and carrying as big a gun as I can. The smallest I carry is a g26. Shorts, t-shirts in 100+ degree weather all day long with no issues with an IWB holster. Dont have to worry about sweat or rusting.

My other 2 bigger guns are the g17 or Gov model 1911. The Glocks are hot weather carry guns.

If you ever need it, you will not wish you had a smaller gun.

I understand the need for comfort, but with the right belt and holster combo, you can get used to carrying a fighting size gun no problem.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Ref Smaller Gun

Why not just keep your G19, (I'm assuming there is something about it you like) and carry it in a fanny pack with an internal holster? Then you get to keep the advantages of having a compact gun vs subcompact, keep a gun you're familiar with, and not have to buy another gun. Of course, the fanny pack is not totally concealed, but it isn't required to be. Some people may suspect you're carrying when they see your fanny pack, but so what?? The gun itself is still concealed and perhaps a BG who sees your fanny pack will be deterred from messing with you... Further, you can add mace, extra ammo, etc to the fanny pack.

I'm a big guy, 6-4 245 lbs and have little trouble concealing a G23 in an IWB holster, but at times I still carry it in a fanny pack because it's more convenient.

Thanks for all the advise and different experiences you all had with different guns. Going back to the LGS tomorrow I will let everyone know what I choose, I'm leaning toward the Kahr CW9

Glock 19
    Mini 14
    NRA life member

Quote Originally Posted by bobw View Post
    Thanks for all the advise and different experiences you all had with different guns. Going back to the LGS tomorrow I will let everyone know what I choose, I'm leaning toward the Kahr CW9

Glock 19
    Mini 14
    NRA life member
    Respectable choice, but go with the CM9 (or PM9) if you also want the option of pocket carrying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links