Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It? - Page 13

Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

This is a discussion on Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No and no...thank God. I have been CC'ing and OC'ing for the last two years pretty much everyday and I have never been in a ...

View Poll Results: Have you ever had to draw or shoot your weapon in self-defense?

Voters
1153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never had to draw or fire

837 72.59%
  • Draw only

234 20.29%
  • Draw and fire

82 7.11%
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

No and no...thank God. I have been CC'ing and OC'ing for the last two years pretty much everyday and I have never been in a situation to warrent an action.

No, and I pray that I never need to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

After 16 years, no need to pull my weapon for defense. With one pull against a loose Pit Bull, no shots fired.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Drawn twice, never fired.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

About ten years ago I lived in a rural area in a two-story duplex apartment. I lived upstairs, and had a nice deck with a gate at the top of the steps. I had a downstairls neighbor, a college girl, and my landlord lived across the driveway in "the big house" My beagle, Maggie, used to like to sleep on the deck in the summer. She really just liked to be outside all the time. So, it's like 2 a.m. and I wake up to her going BERSERK! She doesn't really do that, ever, so I'm alarmed. I grabbed my 870 and shoved some steel Ts into it (goose hunting loads) and head for the porch. I open the door, the dog runs in between my feet, and I look up to see a coyote clearing the gate. One shot, took his head off, big bloody mess. My downstairs neighbor didn't see the humor, but my landlord thought it was awesome. He was mobile cav in 'Nam.
    okiegunguy and GSDSchutzhund like this.

I've had to draw several times on duty. I had to fire in self defense once; five shots, four hits. I've had two other close calls. I've never drawn or fired off duty.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    No to both.

Only drawn mine once,and no on the firing.

In 72 years, including Army time, I have never pointed a loaded weapon at another person. I hope to continue that record.

Have You Ever Had To Draw Your Firearm In Self Defense? - Have You Had To Fire It?

Quote Originally Posted by SIG_guy View Post
    i had just parked my truck shortly after a car three or four spots dowm from me open all four doors and 5 males walked towards me with one guy with his hand under his shirt they started asking me for money

Gee , you think you could have got buy with the NY 7 round mag? ;)
    AnthonyC and ILoveSigs like this.

Southern Indiana but have a permanent residence in South Coastal Texas
    Carrying since 1997, drawn once, never fired.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakor View Post
    About ten years ago I lived in a rural area in a two-story duplex apartment. I lived upstairs, and had a nice deck with a gate at the top of the steps. I had a downstairls neighbor, a college girl, and my landlord lived across the driveway in "the big house" My beagle, Maggie, used to like to sleep on the deck in the summer. She really just liked to be outside all the time. So, it's like 2 a.m. and I wake up to her going BERSERK! She doesn't really do that, ever, so I'm alarmed. I grabbed my 870 and shoved some steel Ts into it (goose hunting loads) and head for the porch. I open the door, the dog runs in between my feet, and I look up to see a coyote clearing the gate. One shot, took his head off, big bloody mess. My downstairs neighbor didn't see the humor, but my landlord thought it was awesome. He was mobile cav in 'Nam.
    Awesome story. I bet your ears rang for a while ey?

Does police work count ?

Have pulled a handgun many times and have been involved in two shootings...one off-duty and one on-duty...'nuff said.

Yes, and it wan't my idea of a good time. When someone punches you on the chin accusing you of stealing their cat (yes, a cat.) The idiot had my Kel-Tec P-11 stuffed in his face. He was arrested, and eventually convicted, on a misdemeanor charge of Assault IV. The man is an alcoholic fool, and has suffered two strokes since the altercation.) It is likely he will, sooner or later, be taking that eternal "dirt nap."

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
    It is likely he will, sooner or later, be taking that eternal "dirt nap."
    Don't we all. Glad you didn't have to shoot.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Links