Looking for a CCW-friendly country other than the U.S.? Try the Czech Republic!

Looking for a CCW-friendly country other than the U.S.? Try the Czech Republic!

This is a discussion on Looking for a CCW-friendly country other than the U.S.? Try the Czech Republic! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Source: Gun politics in the Czech Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Unlike most European countries where permits to carry a concealed weapon is only ...

Thread: Looking for a CCW-friendly country other than the U.S.? Try the Czech Republic!

Thumbs up Looking for a CCW-friendly country other than the U.S.? Try the Czech Republic!

Source: Gun politics in the Czech Republic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike most European countries where permits to carry a concealed weapon is only issued to individuals who demonstrate a specific reason, in the Czech Republic it is a common part of the citizen's right to own guns and every holder of the category E license is allowed to carry a concealed weapon after the formal approval is given (no justification is needed). According to the law, the guns cannot be carried into the courts, or at demonstrations and mass meetings. It is also generally considered irresponsible to take guns to clubs or bars even though it is not explicitly prohibited by law.[6] Carrying a gun while drunk is however illegal and can lead to heavy fines or losing the gun license.

Carrying guns in schools and campuses is not prohibited by law and there are no so called "Gun-free zones".

Gun must be carried in a concealed manner and no more than two firearms for self-defense can be carried by one person. For special purposes, open carry can be allowed by the police. Carrying concealed weapon is not the subject of controversy in the Czech Republic probably because in reality it does not cause any trouble.

That and they make some great beer there! Gotta go back and visit again some time.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Interesting and nice to know.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    How about reciprocity...

I see that hollow points and the Federal EFMJ are forbidden. FMJ and unjacketed cast lead are permitted, though. I wonder if a cast hollow point out of the 200gr .45 Lyman Devastator hollow point mold would be legal?

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    I see that hollow points and the Federal EFMJ are forbidden. FMJ and unjacketed cast lead are permitted, though. I wonder if a cast hollow point out of the 200gr .45 Lyman Devastator hollow point mold would be legal?
    I would place my money on NO,it states hollow points,Not Jacketed Hollow Points
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Much better compared to the rest of Europe.

And they make some great guns there too. Love my CZ.

Nice to see there is at least one European country with some common sense laws.

I remember having to sign some documents when I got my security clearance back in the 1960's, one of which was a list of countries I was forbidden to enter for any reason, ever. All the Warsaw Pact nations were on that list. I wonder if I would get in trouble for going there now?
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by loboleather View Post
    I remember having to sign some documents when I got my security clearance back in the 1960's, one of which was a list of countries I was forbidden to enter for any reason, ever. All the Warsaw Pact nations were on that list. I wonder if I would get in trouble for going there now?
    for civilians, it would not be a problem, for those with high clearances I couldn't say.
    I still wonder how bubba clinton never got called on his trips to moscow back then

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loboleather View Post
    I signed what must have been the same document, or the ASA equivelant of it in the early 1960s (1962) when I got my TS&C clearance in the service. I had a clearance at work for a number of years. It expired from lack of need in the early 1980's. I wouldn't let it hold me back from visiting over there if I had a desire to go there. There may be a similar document today, I don't know, but if there is, the list of countries will have changed a lot.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitch View Post
    There may be a similar document today, I don't know, but if there is, the list of countries will have changed a lot.
    Yes, there's still a list. My civilian son with a security clearance was jokingly advised he couldn't enter any country ending with "-stan".

Sponsored Links