Capacity!

This is a discussion on Capacity! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Art Penny Here are three reasons for high capacity hadnguns. I found them on the web. (1) SEVERN, Md. -- A man ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52

Thread: Capacity!

  1. #46
    Member Array ptmmatssc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Penny
    Here are three reasons for high capacity hadnguns. I found them on the web.

    (1) SEVERN, Md. -- A man shot several times managed to get home, call 911 and tell the operator to send a helicopter rather than an ambulance.

    (2) Man in serious condition after shot multiple times--Lincoln Journal Star. A 36-year-old man was in serious condition Monday, after an early morning shooting four blocks south of the state Capitol. Police told one neighbor in the complex, 29-year-old Chris Ertl, that shots had been fired in the apartment and the hallway hitting the man four times in the chest. However, the manís injuries were not considered life threatening.

    (3) (11/18/05 - HOUSTON) - A man shot eight times in the back managed to drive through southwest Houston before he eventually crashed overnight. Police say the man in his 40s was outside his car when someone shot him repeatedly. He drove down Bissonnet to Brae Acres, where he crashed in a ditch.The victim was taken to Ben Taub Hospital.

    Well this speaks more about shot placement and traing rather than capacity . It may also have to do with caliber . Doesn't say WHAT the rounds were , for all we know it could have been .22s .

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    VIP Member Array Ti Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Under Cover
    Posts
    2,035
    Originally Posted by Art Penny
    Here are three reasons for high capacity hadnguns. I found them on the web.

    (1) SEVERN, Md. -- A man shot several times managed to get home, call 911 and tell the operator to send a helicopter rather than an ambulance.

    (2) Man in serious condition after shot multiple times--Lincoln Journal Star. A 36-year-old man was in serious condition Monday, after an early morning shooting four blocks south of the state Capitol. Police told one neighbor in the complex, 29-year-old Chris Ertl, that shots had been fired in the apartment and the hallway hitting the man four times in the chest. However, the manís injuries were not considered life threatening.

    (3) (11/18/05 - HOUSTON) - A man shot eight times in the back managed to drive through southwest Houston before he eventually crashed overnight. Police say the man in his 40s was outside his car when someone shot him repeatedly. He drove down Bissonnet to Brae Acres, where he crashed in a ditch.The victim was taken to Ben Taub Hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmmatssc
    Well this speaks more about shot placement and traing rather than capacity . It may also have to do with caliber . Doesn't say WHAT the rounds were , for all we know it could have been .22s .
    Well, I hope you don't need both "capacity" and "shot placement" one day!
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

    I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

  4. #48
    Member Array HK45/FN5.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the ring
    Posts
    17

    New Here

    I carry a HK usp Compact 45 front right pocket and one extra clip

    rds= 17

    In my left front pocket FN Five and seveN 5.7 and 2 extra clips

    rds = 61

    total rounds = 78


  5. #49
    Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by kikr
    I read a statistic somewhere that said the average gunfight was 7 seconds long, at 7 meters, with 3 rounds fired. For personal protection I'm quite happy with a 5 shot revolver.
    Sounds outdated... Your betting the fight is only going to be between you and one BG. Don't bet on it these days.

  6. #50
    VIP Member Array Ti Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Under Cover
    Posts
    2,035
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45/FN5.7
    I carry a HK usp Compact 45 front right pocket and one extra clip

    rds= 17

    In my left front pocket FN Five and seveN 5.7 and 2 extra clips

    rds = 61

    total rounds = 78

    Folk's we have a winner! 78 rounds! outstanding............


    Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

    I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

  7. #51
    Member Array HK45/FN5.7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    in the ring
    Posts
    17
    The 5.7 holds 20 in a clip and its super light

    My 5.7 clips go in my back pockets and HK clip in shirt pocket

  8. #52
    Member Array chris s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NEW YORK
    Posts
    84
    Choosing to carry and what to carry are personal choices. What works for me may not work for you.
    NYPD switched to semiautos because someone felt hi cap. was needed.There were recommendations to increase training with the revolvers we were carrying-No we need semiautos.
    Recommendation -single stack 45's -No to much recoil We really need semiautos
    Recommendation-Put shotguns or Mini 14 in the car- are you crazy we need semiauto's
    So we issued S&W 5946, Sig226, Glock 19 and Ruger P95 with 10 rd mags and 115 gr ball ammo. Now we had 31 rds instead of 18
    Did hit potential increase yes because the fundamentals of shooting were stressed
    The point is we didn't need semiauto's we wanted them

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hi-capacity 1911
    By maddy345 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 15th, 2013, 04:22 PM
  2. Glock 30 mag capacity?
    By DocGlock in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
  3. Magazine Capacity - NJ
    By rmilchman in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 15th, 2009, 09:10 AM
  4. Regarding carry capacity.
    By Jay Frame in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: June 21st, 2009, 02:21 AM
  5. More Capacity?
    By kjmillig in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM

Search tags for this page

can i carry a 15 round mag in my gun in iowa

,

capacity of firearm ccw, gun forums

,

para13 45 magazines ga

,

para13/45 specs

Click on a term to search for related topics.