The process has begun... - Page 2

The process has begun...

This is a discussion on The process has begun... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, apparently the state of Kentucky doesn't screw around when people decide that they want the ability to arm themselves with a concealed weapon. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The process has begun...

Well, apparently the state of Kentucky doesn't screw around when people decide that they want the ability to arm themselves with a concealed weapon. I picked up my permit today after what I suppose could be considered a pretty short wait (took the class on Aug. 13th) .

Still trying to build up enough cash to pick up that new Glock 23 I've been eyeing though, so now I have the permit and no gun I can carry .

It's hard to save money as a poor college student (especially when I spent $42 at the range today).

On another note, I taught a friend to shoot today, he did pretty well with my dad's 1911 even though he was a little scared of the recoil at first. I rented a Glock 19 while we were there as well but he seemed to have a problem limp-wristing it and causing malfunctions. The gun shot perfect for me, I was consistently hitting the 2 inch shoot-n-see dots from 30 feet and I could keep double and triple taps pretty tight. Anyway, he wasn't an anti before but he was indifferent to firearms, now he wants to shoot some clays sometime soon and I may be able to get him interested enough to get his CCDW permit.

eb
    The main thing I noticed when I first got my permit was that my wallet started bleeding, lol. Guns, holsters, practice ammo, carry ammo, cleaning supplies, etc etc. The list goes on and on. :) Good luck man, grats on the permit!

Congrats ...
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Congrats! Glad everything went quick for you. I see you work for UPS. Do you go to U of L? JCC? I live right across the bridge in Indiana. If you ever want to get together for a range trip, hit me up on here. I have a G26 you can practice with if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by ktulu92fs View Post
    Congrats! Glad everything went quick for you. I see you work for UPS. Do you go to U of L? JCC? I live right across the bridge in Indiana. If you ever want to get together for a range trip, hit me up on here. I have a G26 you can practice with if you like.
    I do attend U of L actually and I live near there as well. Range trips for me will have to be kept at a minimum for a while though since I'm still trying to scrape together some cash, I've got like $250 more to go . I'll definitely drop you a PM the next time I go though! What range do you normally go to? Knob Creek is the most cost effective at something like $9 a day but I find myself shooting at Open Range in Crestwood a lot since it's close to my parents' house and that's where all the guns are at the moment.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb View Post
    The main thing I noticed when I first got my permit was that my wallet started bleeding, lol. Guns, holsters, practice ammo, carry ammo, cleaning supplies, etc etc. The list goes on and on. :) Good luck man, grats on the permit!
    At least you have your priorities straight, tho, right?

Congrats wish you the best be smart....
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links