Man drops gun at city hall meeting.... - Page 2

Man drops gun at city hall meeting....

This is a discussion on Man drops gun at city hall meeting.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Those with concealed carry permits, such as Ed Magee of Granby who dropped his gun at the podium, must pass background checks and undergo training ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man drops gun at city hall meeting....

Those with concealed carry permits, such as Ed Magee of Granby who dropped his gun at the podium, must pass background checks and undergo training, said Rich Dowell, a concealed weapons class instructor.

“It's not the ones with concealed carry permits you have to worry about,” Dowell said. “It's the ones who are already lawbreakers.”

I wonder if that training includes Basic Gun Dropping and Advanced Gun Dropping.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Look at the bright side. At least it showed the sheep that weapons don't just go off by ground impact. Anyways, -1 on weapon retention
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    Look at the bright side. At least it showed the sheep that weapons don't just go off by ground impact. Anyways, -1 on weapon retention
    That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it, is that it reinforces the opinion of many people that a lot of gun owners are just an accident waiting for a place to happen.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    That's one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it, is that it reinforces the opinion of many people that a lot of gun owners are just an accident waiting for a place to happen.
    True. I would not consider dropping the weapon as the worst idiotic thing to do, because some times things happen. But man this had to be the worse place for it to "fall out" at.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    True. I would not consider dropping the weapon as the worst idiotic thing to do, because some times things happen. But man this had to be the worse place for it to "fall out" at.
    I don't consider it the worst thing to happen, I just cringe when I read about stuff like that. Every incident of a gun being dropped, toddler getting his hands on a loaded gun, gun discharging while being cleaned, gun left in Walmart restroom, cop shooting self in restroom, etc. just gives ammo to the people who would like to make it impossible for anyone to possess a firearm. There are many, many more responsible gun owners than there are idiots who drop their guns in public meetings, but the responsible gun owners never make the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I don't consider it the worst thing to happen, I just cringe when I read about stuff like that. Every incident of a gun being dropped, toddler getting his hands on a loaded gun, gun discharging while being cleaned, gun left in Walmart restroom, cop shooting self in restroom, etc. just gives ammo to the people who would like to make it impossible for anyone to possess a firearm. There are many, many more responsible gun owners than there are idiots who drop their guns in public meetings, but the responsible gun owners never make the news.
    I know how you feel. I wish the head lines read " xxx,xxx ccdw holders lawfully carried their weapons today without incident" but you know good news is no news.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links