How to get over apprehension of having one in the pipe? - Page 8

How to get over apprehension of having one in the pipe?

This is a discussion on How to get over apprehension of having one in the pipe? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Lotus222 This requires me to unholster, lock it up, take it out, and reholster it. I have multiple holsters that do not ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: How to get over apprehension of having one in the pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    This requires me to unholster, lock it up, take it out, and reholster it.
    I have multiple holsters that do not require me to unholster the weapon to take it off. A paddle holster would be excellent for you. This way you don't have to remove the gun from the holster, thereby keeping the trigger covered at all times which will all but eliminate the chances of an AD. Another good holster design is the desantis soft tuck, the galco summer comfort, or the galco paddle lite.

Quote Originally Posted by beckavebob View Post
    I couldn't agree more with RKM. I carry a Glock 19. I don't want anything being in the way of me being on top of situation that may save my life, including an external safety, let alone having to take the time to chamber a round. A friend LEO told me once when I questioned him about how he felt from a safety standpoint with a round in the chamber and no external safety raised his index finger and said " this is the only safety I need or want" that might make the difference weather I go home tonight or not.
    This is my feeling exactly. I even removed the thumb safety off of my M&P9c. My feeling is, if the poo hits the fan, I may or may not remember to disengage it, but I promise I will remember to pull the trigger. If I do my part, the gun isn't going to AD

Quote Originally Posted by Hokieforlife View Post
    So just out of curiosity, what is the general consensus of having one in the chamber with the safety engaged. I am going to be carrying a PX4 Storm, and I am trying to decide how exactly I should carry it. One in the chamber is a most definite, but I am still caught up on whether or not I should leave the safety on or off.
    Funny thing about this. Seems like many on the Beretta forums end up modifying the "F" model Storms to be "G" (decocker only) models eventually anyway. Both mine and my wife carry an F with the safety still in tact, but with the first DA trigger pull being as long and strong as it is on that gun, I am seriously thinking of modding mine to a "G" too since it is easily done. I always keep one in the chamber.

Leaving the safety in tact and leaving it "off" seems more risky to me. You could end up with it bumped into "safe" when you least expect it and most need the weapon to fire. Seems if you are going to carry it off safe anyway, just convert it to a G so you don't have that issue to deal with.

-Mike

Tell you how you get-over-it,draw in a SD situation and get a "click" because you forgot to rack the slide,that'll change your mind,if you live through it.
    smolck likes this.

VIP Member
    Do you, or anyone you know go hunting???

If so, do you wait till you see game, and then load the weapon???

Just do it.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    It's been a while since I was on this thread, but I still wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the info about paddle holsters. I'm really looking into them, now.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I bought an Infidel Kydex IWB holster from Comp-Tac and there are two reasons why I love it. First, my firearm securely clicks into place when placed in the holster (adjustable tension), and second, it can easily be removed without taking out the firearm. My walther never leaves its holster unless it is at the range, or if someday has to be drawn in an SD situation.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    It's been a while since I was on this thread, but I still wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the info about paddle holsters. I'm really looking into them, now.
    The Galco Paddle Lite is a personal favorite because it is one of the few paddle holsters that has a very high ride helping it conceal better. That has always been my gripe on paddle holsters, they don't always conceal (try to hide a Blackhawk Serpa and you'll see what I mean) but the Galcos seem to do a better job.

Good luck and carry LOADED!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sponsored Links