FL CWL processing time

This is a discussion on FL CWL processing time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 7/28 - Mailed application with electronic prints 8/15 - Called automated line - "Your license has been issued" 8/16 - Called automated line - "Your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL CWL processing time

FL CWL processing time

7/28 - Mailed application with electronic prints
    8/15 - Called automated line - "Your license has been issued"
    8/16 - Called automated line - "Your license has been printed and mailed"

Fairly impressive given I was told it would be 90 days if I was lucky.

Looking forward to saying goodbye to the 3 day 'cooling off' period for handguns!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats.....that is impressive given the wait time back in 2008 /2009 after the annointed one became President. Had mine back in 11 days from date I put the app in the mail to the day I received it in my mail box back in 2006.

Just be advised.....impulse gun buying goes up after you receive your license. Something about picking out a pistol and being able to walk out with it............
    Last edited by zonker1986; August 17th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

Just be advised.....impulse gun buying goes up after you receive your license. Something about picking out a pistol and being able to walk out with it............
    I was afraid of that...

GM
    Congrats and welcome to the club!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I too was told the standard 90 days in Fla. I also received it in less then 3 weeks, after mailing everything in. I had actually called to set an appointment to go down there but, they told me it would take 65 days to get said appointment. Congrats on getting it and what everyone said is true...impulse buying increases dramatically.
    ”And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms….The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

Thanks!

when i went to the gun show in FL they told a lot of them have been getting theirs 2-3 weeks
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    It's much better than it used to be. My first one back in 1996 took about 8-9 weeks. My second one in 2003 took over 3 months and my last renewal Feb of this year was about 2 weeks. I don't know, but I credit the Agriculture commissioner Adam Putnam. I know he is VERY pro-2A. We hated to lose him as a Congressman.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Arrived today!

Congrats. Sounds like you're in business. You'll have to do the obligatory "Wally World Walk" today
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Congrats. Sounds like you're in business. You'll have to do the obligatory "Wally World Walk" today
    LOL, yup, LCP or G19 first? (I think I have to go all in, G19)

Senior Moderator
    Glad to hear the wait times are coming back down. They got pretty swamped in 2008, and it's taken a while to eat down the backlog.

When I got mine in 2005, I did the electronic prints and it took 11 days mailbox to mailbox.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by macg19 View Post
    LOL, yup, LCP or G19 first? (I think I have to go all in, G19)
    Oh...the Glock by all means.
    Now just let us know when you get back, if you felt like you had a big flashing neon sign above you with an arrow pointing saying "this man has a gun".
    LOL ...The first time you carry, you feel like everyone that looks at you "knows"
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

with over 800,000 issued concealed carry licenses in Florida, guarantee you that you will not be the only one at Walmart carrying. Instead of worrying about everyone staring at you, have fun and see
    how many of the "People of Walmart" you can spot carrying. I've outed a bunch. Something about a 350 lb "Larry the Cable Guy" type with a full size 1911 sticking out of his pants with the butt in full view....sometimes both butts......that lets you know "yes, I'm definitely in Walmart".

Again, congrats on your license.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Oh...the Glock by all means.
    Now just let us know when you get back, if you felt like you had a big flashing neon sign above you with an arrow pointing saying "this man has a gun".
    LOL ...The first time you carry, you feel like everyone that looks at you "knows"
    will do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links