Galco for Glocks

Galco for Glocks

This is a discussion on Galco for Glocks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying since January, everyday...religiously. Sometimes my girlfriend will make joes about how I remember to bring my gun, but not my wallet. Anyway, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galco for Glocks

Galco for Glocks

I've been carrying since January, everyday...religiously. Sometimes my girlfriend will make joes about how I remember to bring my gun, but not my wallet.

Anyway, a couple of month ago I bought a Galco holster, and it's by far the best I've had. I've attached a couple of photos. With the Glock 27 you can automatically assume you'll have to buy an extended clip, or a pinky extension. As you can see, I went with the extended clip. But when I wear a tight t-shirt, or a white t-shirt, I feel like everyone can notice it. And as you can see in this picture I'm wearing a tight, white, shirt, lol. Anyone else use a Galco?

IMAG0461.jpgIMAG0465.jpg

Anyone else use a Galco?
    I use a Galco Combat Master with my Beretta 92FS. I have no complaints with it. Galco makes some good off the rack holsters.

It's not just a Galco issue. Wearing a TIGHT t-shirt, be it white or any other color, can outline/print your gun fairly easily, especially if you have an extended magazine sticking out of the grip. Do like the rest of us and wear looser fitting shirts.

You need to adjust your usual wardrobe, tight t-shirts show alot, no matter the color. Buy bigger shirts.

VIP Member
    I own several Galco holsters. I really like their Deep Cover model, but they have dropped a lot of the guns they make it for.
    Remember, loose clothing are your friend.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

As above have said...the holster is not near the problem. Your longer magazine(you will get fragged around here calling it a clip), is too long and doesnt flow with the gun. You cant carry a gun and wear tight stuff. It has to be free flowing over the gun so it doesnt print.

You have a good start by using an IWB holster. But you need a good belt, Heavy thick leather or something like a stiff nylon like an insturctors belt to bring the gun in nice and firm and tight and need to adjust your shirt style and you would be good.

You also should consider using the regular length mags and use the hi cap mag as a reload not the primary. Look at the low profile extensions like the Pearce +0, or the GAP floorplates at G A P H O M E.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Try an IWB holster with two attachment points (Crossbreed Supertuck, MTAC, Versa Max, etc) and carry your G27 with the flush fit mag and carry a G23 or G22 mag as a backup.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

At least one size bigger non-tool fitting shirt (Jersey shore don't allow no concealed carry), +0 pinky extension, larger magazine for backup, better belt, maybe a better IWB holster and a different position. I know a lot of these have been said, I'm just trying to re-iterate the points. I carry a GLOCK 19 (next size up from the 27 except 9mm) in a Crossbreed Supertuck with a Crossbreed belt at about 3:30. I can conceal it with untucked t-shirts all of the time. I don't know how Florida is about carrying without a permit on you but my common sense is tingling and it tells me you had better have it with you at all times. Do a self pat down before you leave the part of the crib where you get dressed. Good luck and welcome to the forum!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Magazine. It's a Magazine, not a clip.

I use a Galco shoulder holster sometimes with my baby Glocks. It's a good rig.

I have a Galco IWB for my Glock but it is made of hard plastic, rather than leather. I don't use it much, though. Maybe 2-3 times per month.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Florida View Post
    With the Glock 27 you can automatically assume you'll have to buy an extended clip, or a pinky extension. As you can see, I went with the extended clip.
    Why can't you shoot/carry it as is without the jumbo mag or pinky extension? Sure those accessories are nice but 9 rounds of .40 is outstanding stopping power for a sub-compact, and 9 fingers with a proper grip should provide you with a more than adequate grip. I think you're overestimating your pinky, bro! Just curl it into your palm underneath the mag. Come on now...you don't really need that weak little digit to hit the target and the reduced size of your piece will increase your ability to conceal!

You can't complain about your piece being hard to conceal then advocate a monster mag...unless its a 33 rounder...I can always support rocking a 33 rounder!

I carry a Glock 36 in a Galco holster like yours.

The exposed part of the holster above the belt line was a problem for me with the black glock and brown holster top showing at times.

Here is how I solved my problem: I switch to a black tee shirt with larger print cover shirt either untucked or with no tuck design. Took a black magic marker and colored the top of the holster above the the belt line. with a black belt and tee shirt if some how the glock and holster is exposed it just blends in.

Personally, I would learn to shoot the Glock with the factory mag that came with it and use the high count mag as a reload.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Two things: 1. Use the right mag for the gun when carrying. 2. Find a better way to carry it than pointing at your "man parts" not to mention your femoral artery. This is my big gripe with appendix carry, if you do have an AD it could potentially kill you a lot faster than if you carry strongside hip and just shave off some butt cheek.

+1 on the flush fit magazine. You can just carry an extra mag or 2.
    .357 mag, When you care enough to send the very best!

I don't have any clips for my G27; but someting that might help is I tend to carry it with a G27 9 round magazine in it, and a 13 round spare in my pocket, that's 23 rounds 26 isn't going to make much of a difference but 23 conceals much easier. If you're going to go with the 23 magazine, might as well get the benefit of a longer barrel in the 23; concealment at the belt line is almost always a grip issue, that's why the 27 shines so well as a carry weapon. Oh and I do train and shoot with the 9 rounders quite often, to make sure I can have an equally stable grip with a pinky tucked under as I can when it's on a 23 magazine or I move to a larger frame Glock.

Also moving it to 0300-0500 puts it near your hand, which helps disguise or cover the print while you walk. I tried a Galco OWB, I was so unimpressed it's the one holster I've returned; but I did give their King Tuck some thought. That shirt should be loose enough to conceal the gun without issue, use the 9 rounder put the 13 rounder in a pocket or IWB mag holder and you'll see it disappear. There's some options out there for modifications to help you with grip, but the longer it is the harder it gets to conceal. Taking some photos with it concealed where my biggest confidence booster as far as worrying about printing. Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed. You'll also see that moving it to where there is a natural void and draping of the clothes helps hide it that much more and when tucked a bloused shirt will again put some air around the grip making it no more noticeable. Because I'm not in FL (with it's comparatively restrictive gun laws) I do get to OC from time to time and 99% of people miss that I'm armed even then, so it takes a very keen eye to spot it when the average person is so self absorbed in their iphone; so you can calm your nerves a little when you go to conceal as the average person is not looking for gun. If you're sweating bullets, constantly readjusting and always looking over your shoulder worried about being concealed, you're going to be sending off some of the same nonverbal cues as someone who is preparing to do something wrong, which you're not. If someone sees you nervous and gets a glimpse of the gun while you're adjusting it, it might make for a long day; getting comfortable with your method of carry is important, so be open to trying some things.

I will say I tried out the G23 mag with the G27 lately to see how practical with would be if I wanted to put the 23 as my IWB carry and move to a 27 on my ankle or in a pocket (I like the idea of my spare mag having a gun around it), and even playing with the idea of a 22 for the winter. It works with some combination of clothes but not others. But if I'm going to sacrifice the options of clothes for grip then I'm going to make sure I gain the barrel length that is far less a printing issue, but will actually help with recoil and sight radius (and theoretically accuracy).

Glock Certified Armorer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links