What should I always carry as a soon to be CC'er? - Page 3

What should I always carry as a soon to be CC'er?

This is a discussion on What should I always carry as a soon to be CC'er? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carry a pistola to make (legal) holes. Carry a cell phone to call 911, your attorney, spouse or momma. Your life can go from humdrum ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What should I always carry as a soon to be CC'er?

Carry a pistola to make (legal) holes.

Carry a cell phone to call 911, your attorney, spouse or momma. Your life can go from humdrum to very interesting in a literal heartbeat.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Keep it simple, as others have said. I carry my gun, an extra mag, small pocket knife that clips in my rear pocket, cell phone, wallet, and my key chain has a small Photon ReX LED. All of that fits easily into board shorts, jeans, dockers, scrubs, or whatever I happen to be wearing.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

A properly holstered, loaded firearm .

All else is optional. Many options are desirable. But, If you're going to carry, carry holstered.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    In my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    A) Firearm of course-will be my FS M&P .40 for now
    B) Spare mag?? Or is that not necessary to always carry? Yes
    C) Flashlight? If so, how do you carry it? On belt in a flashlight holder? Yes (conditionally) - carry in whatever fashion is most comfortable (my suggestion)
    D) OC? Only you can decide, but I recommend CC
    E) Knife (almost always have one of my many knives on my anyhow) Yes, if even a small one
    F) Cell phone, I always actually have two on me- work phone and personal phone Yes
    G) rubber gloves, First aid stuff, quik-clot??? Does anyone carry that to tend to the BG you just stopped or anything else that comes up Personal decision

Of course it's always a balance of being prepared without having a full cops duty belt which would look ridiculous and not be a realistic option (Exactly!). So what do I ALWAYS need to have on me and how do you carry it?

Technically the way the WI CC law is written you are allowed to posses A concealed weapon, so whether we can even carry more than one or not is yet to be determined from my understanding. But I don't have the luxury of having a backup weapon at this point and not sure I would ever carry one to be honest but we'll see.
    One late addition would be pepper spray. This non-lethal form of defense may not only come in handy, it can help to show that you're not just carrying to shoot 'em up!

Cheers, & be safe over there!
    Last edited by ArkhmAsylm; August 23rd, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by natimage View Post
    See and if you DIDN'T have a less than lethal option I would think the prosecution would say, "He was just looking to kill someone, he didn't even have a less than lethal option"

Prosecutors job is to make you look guilty no matter how innocent you are so unfortunately they can try to make you out to be whoever they want and depending on how firearm familiar your jury is, it may not be that hard. Just my $.05 (inflation...)
    This is why you should seek training....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Carry it all. You will figure out what you really need along the way.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I had never owned a cell phone in my life but after reading many posts on here about being the first to call 911 after an encounter I made it a point to get me a trac phone. Now I consider it mandatory the weapon and the phone be carried together.

Michael
    DefConGun likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links